Reverse Mortgage Underwriter
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
ABOUT ONETRUST HOME LOANS
If you are looking for an organization that has established an outstanding reputation for quality products and services and where you are an important member of a professional team, then OneTrust Home Loans may be for you. We are recognized as a Fortune 5000 company offering conventional, FHA, VA, USDA, and jumbo financing, while boasting portfolio, construction, and structure finance lending divisions. Our focus on utilizing the latest technology to streamline the home loan process has made us a leader in our space. We really listen to our clients in order to anticipate their home financing goals and dreams. We're mortgage educators and financing strategists, providing detailed information and sound advice on mortgage options and industry trends. We focus our energies on a transparent and open communication loan process to close loans quickly.
If our employees are successful, we are successful. Our goal is to provide them with the most current competitive tools and information possible. Employees and management listen, engage, and provide honest feedback to each other. Those who make outstanding contributions are recognized for their outstanding customer service and are eligible for key programs. In order to hire and retain employees who share our values of integrity, transparency, innovation, and greatness, we offer attractive employment packages, work-life balance, a wide range of training opportunities, and an innovative and exciting business culture. Service is everything!
Evaluate all aspects of loan applications, based on type, to determine eligibility based on risk, investor guidelines, government regulation and other risk factors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Review and analyze the mortgage loan application to ensure eligibility, accuracy, completeness, and compliance with internal and regulatory guidelines to minimize risk factors.
- Review all required loan data, reports, and inspections to ensure the collateral is acceptable to investor and Company guidelines.
- Accurately analyze complex financial documents and calculate income from various income sources including but not limited to hourly, salaried, commission, self-employed and fixed income, assets statements (401K, checking, savings), analyze residential appraisal reports, review preliminary title reports and the ability to make independent credit decisions.
- Ensure the highest level of compliance, appraisal analysis and fraud mitigation.
- Sign off on conditions in a timely manner set by management and work within specified Service Level Agreements ("SLAs")
- Maintain current knowledge as it pertains to MDIA, RESPA, TILA, ECOA, HMDA and Fair Lending regulation.
- Other duties as assigned.
The above functions are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this job. This is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 4 years' current underwriting experience.
- Proficient knowledge of underwriting terminology.
- Ability to maintain a knowledge of lending guidelines, investor programs, industry requirements, and industry changes.
- Ability to make independent decisions regarding acceptance and risk of loans according to HUD, VA, USDA, company, and investor guidelines.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated computer skills in word processing, spreadsheet, and electronic mail software.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and a high level of professional integrity.
- Maintains a positive, helpful, constructive attitude and work relationship with co-workers and supervisor.
- Strong time management and organizational skills in a dynamic, constantly changing environment.
- Attention to detail and quality focused.
- Encompass and/or Reverse mortgage LOS experience preferred.
OneTrust Home Loans
AddressSan Diego, CA
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at OneTrust Home Loans