DevOps Cloud Engineer
Rochester, Michigan - OneStream Software LLC
Employment Type: Full-Time
OneStream Software is a Microsoft Gold Partner: Cloud Platform and hosts customer environments in Microsoft Azure. Our proprietary software is installed in the customer's hosted cloud environment and managed by us. This position will primarily involve designing and architecting OneStream XF Cloud Services. If you enjoy staying on the cutting edge of technology and automating infrastructure deployments, then this is the job for you. This vital role within Cloud Services requires knowledge and experience designing, implementing, and monitoring scalable and secure cloud services. The employee will be expected to work well in a small team and willing to share responsibilities with other team members as needed. He or she will interact with internal staff, managers, and customers to implement and maintain IT operations. A passion for technology and learning, and the ability to grow others are vital for success in this role.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, develop and implement scalable and secure Cloud Services architecture
- Identify and implement opportunities for automation, process improvement, and architecture improvements
- Collaborate to define best practices and standards around public cloud services and platforms
- Collaborate with key organizational stakeholders to determine cloud service strategy and future improvements
- Provide excellent customer service and support
- Update technical documentation, workflows, and knowledge base articles
- Customer environment implementation and software configuration
- Troubleshoot production issues and perform on-call duties
- Monitor customer environments through Azure alerts and Operations Management Suite
- Support internal infrastructure projects as needed
Required Education and Experience
- BS/BA in computer science, engineering, or technology-related field (or equivalent work experience)
- 5+ years network engineering and infrastructure experience
- Deep understanding of cloud concepts including elasticity, security, and identity management
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with the following technologies, tools, and concepts:
- Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Microsoft Windows 10, Windows Server 2016, IIS, Microsoft SQL Server, Active Directory
- Automating processes using PowerShell, Azure PowerShell, REST APIs, JSON or ARM Templates
- Source control tools such as SVN, Git, BitBucket, VSTS, Azure DevOps and Agile Methodologies
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience working for a cloud service provider (CSP) or managed service provider (MSP)
- Hands-on experience with Orchestration tools (Jenkins, Docker, Ansible, Chef/Puppet, Azure Pipelines etc.)
- Working knowledge of identity management systems and protocols (Azure AD, Okta, OpenID Connect, SAML)
- Any certifications such as Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundation, Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA), Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), CompTIA Security+/Network+, Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Cloud Platform: Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate, Cloud Platform: Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert, or Azure Administrator is a plus.
Who We Are
OneStream Software is a privately held software company created by the same team that invented the leading financial solutions of the last decade. We provide a unified Corporate Performance Management (CPM) platform which enables the enterprise to simplify financial consolidation, reporting, budgeting, and forecasting for complex organizations. Our powerful extensibility enables the enterprise to deliver additional analytic solutions without adding any technical complexity. By delivering multiple solutions in one application, we offer increased capabilities for financial reporting and analysis while reducing the risk, complexity, and total cost of ownership for our customers. We are driven by our mission statement that every customer must be a reference and success.
We are equally fanatical about our OneStream family members (formally known as employees). We are a team in every sense of the word. Everyone here is approachable and excited to pitch in and help. We work hard and play hard. The right candidate is easy to get along with, always willing to lend a hand, excited about coming to work, and happy to contribute to the team. We have a casual dress environment and modern office with an onsite gym!
Why Join The OneStream Team
- Transparency around corporate structure, salary, and benefits.
- Core value of customer success.
- Variety of project work (not industry specific).
- Strong culture and camaraderie.
- Multiple training opportunities.
Benefits at OneStream Software
OneStream employees are passionate, hardworking individuals who go above and beyond to keep our customers happy and follow through on our mission statement. They consistently deliver the best and, in turn, we make every effort to keep them cared for and happy. A sample of the benefits we provide are:
- Excellent Medical Plan.
- Dental & Vision Insurance.
- Life Insurance.
- Short & Long-Term Disability.
- Vacation Time.
- Paid Holidays.
- Professional Development.
- Retirement Plan.