Development Geologist (3244)
OneSource New Orleans, LA
- Posted: over a month ago
Our client, a private, well funded, stable, profitable (less than $20/Bbl F&D costs) E&P operating company is seeking a 15-20 year experienced geologist to identify, evaluate and recommend development opportunities in their major legacy mature assets.
Ideal experience would include development geology in Gulf Coast state waters and or GoM Shelf producing fields.
Company offers competitive salary bonus benefits and growth culture which is refreshing amid many companies in the oil and gas space cutting back.
Keys for success:
- 15-20 years' E&P Operating Co exp. w/ majority or recent GoM Shelf, Deepwater or onshore State Waters' basin exp.
- Grow reserves and production in a fast paced environment
- Complete and maintain an evergreen Subsurface Wellbore Utility Chart
- Integrate Subsurface Wellbore Utility Chart with existing Mechanical Wellbore Utility Chart
- Utilize all available static and dynamic subsurface data to identify, mature and execute thru tubing and infill development drilling opportunities
- Maintain an evergreen portfolio of quality opportunities
- Be a diligent, dependable, competent team player with excellent communication skills
- Have strong 3D seismic interpretation skills
- Have strong log interpretation skills
- Be an integrator, comfortable working with diverse data, including seismic, petrophysical, pressure and production data
- Be comfortable working with Operations, Abandonment and D&C teams
- MS in Geology or Geophysics
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
Experience in the following areas would be beneficial:
- Gulf of Mexico Shelf fields
- Proficient in Petrel
- Sequence stratigraphy
- Reservoir modeling and 4D seismic interpretation