- Posted: over a month ago
One Source Consulting is seeking a senior level accountant with strong problem solving and analytical abilities. The Senior Accountant is responsible for applying generally accepted accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures. The Senior Accountant must be meticulous and analytical, with basic knowledge of auditing practices.
- Ensures the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts, preparing a trial balance, and reconciling entries
- Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities
- Continuous management and support of budget and forecast activities
- Collect and analyze financial information to recommend or develop efficient use of resources and procedures, provide strategic recommendations and maintain solutions to business and financial problems
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations and integrity of financial data
- Handle month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing activities and prepare financial management reports
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential
- Plan and oversee the auditing process
- Builds strong working relationships with clients to gather information and resolve problems
- Effective documents work
- Reports auditing issues and assisting in resolving them
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of practices, procedures and principles of business accounting; public finance, grants accounting, auditing and budgeting; data processing and program applications of municipal and business accounting systems; applicable Federal, State and local laws, rules and regulations pertaining to government accounting and public finance; principles of personnel administration to include training and supervision; equal opportunity/affirmative action guidelines and policies.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and execute multiple assignments under specific time constraints. Proficient in the use of financial databases. Ability to solve problems that are highly varied, complex and non-recurring, requiring creative approaches to resolution and able to develop new concepts and approaches.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbal and written thoughts, ideas, and facts. Writes and presents information in a clear and concise way. Interprets and understands written information and is able to listen attentively to verbal and non-verbal cues that lead to a deeper understanding.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others and demonstrates professional, ethical, respectful, and courteous behavior when interacting with others. Ability to handle confidential issues with tact and resourcefulness.
- Ability to quickly acclimate to complex financial accounting applications.
May be required.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business administration, or equivalent business experience
- A minimum of 3-6 years’ experience in the management of financial systems and budgets, financial reporting, financial data analysis, auditing, taxation and providing financial advice
- Experience with various ERP systems
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at OneSource Consulting