Sr Backend Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are seeking a Senior Backend Engineer to work on a web-based mobile application within
the Snapchat Minis ecosystem. The ideal candidate will have experience working with RESTful
services, databases, CI/CD and AWS. This is a short-term contract with a budget likely to run
for 4-8 weeks and has the possibility of turning into future work.
What you’ll be working on:
You’ll be one of two engineers (backend and frontend) working on an early-stage app that has
gained traction, but is in need of some refactoring. You’ll be working closely with the Snapchat
team as we introduce some new features. The frontend is React, Redux, Typescript and
create-react-app. The backend uses a combination of Rust, NodeJS, MongoDB, PostgreSQL.
About the Job:
● Develop new features and refactor existing ones in the product’s ecosystem.
● Work closely with the product owner to understand business requirements.
● Provide technical and architectural solutions to overcome limitations in current design.
● Improve analytics, modelling and data design.
● Maintain code quality, organization, and testing.
● 3-5 years proven ability building and maintaining software applications.
● 2+ years working with RUST programming language.
● Proficient in SQL and experience with RDBMS/NoSQL databases.
● Strong understanding of architecting, maintaining and developing cloud technologies.
● Familiarity or willingness to learn AWS.
● Demonstrated ability to deliver and communicate progress.
● Proficient understanding of code versioning tools ( Git ).
● Bachelor's degree or higher in a quantitative/technical field (e.g. Computer Science,
Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering) OR equivalent experience.
OnePiece RecruitmentWhy Work Here?
This is a great opportunity to advance your career with a sophisticated world class company!
We’re a leader in filling Direct Hire Employment Job Placement job opportunities. No matter your experience or skill level, if you’re willing to learn and are a dedicated employee we are sure to find the right position for you. Check out our listings and get in touch with us to learn more on how you can apply.
AddressSanta Monica, CA