Teacher- Middle School
OneHope, Inc Pompano Beach, FL
- Posted: over a month ago
A school ministry of Christian Leadership Academy
Job Title: Middle School Teacher Reports to: Board & Principal
Provides onsite leadership for students. Implements and manages a welcoming, interdisciplinary, educational environment that ensures each student the safety and security needed to thrive and engage in a maximized educational experience. Oversees curriculum and lesson content, development and evaluation, and cooperates with administrative and teaching team members to maintain facilities, manage resources, and schedule extracurricular activities.
- Serves as the Lead Classroom Educator
- Ensures alignment of mission and vision in all lessons, class time, extracurricular time, and relational interactions.
- Makes experientially-based decisions to establish and implement procedures for the day-to-day operations of the students in his/her charge
- Collaborates to develop and implement school programs and activities
- Manages instructional programs, ensuring lesson plans are adapted based on class observations and adherence to interdisciplinary teaching strategies, methodologies and techniques
- Stewards resources with accountability to the board and all stakeholders
- Develops student/classroom procedures
- Ensures school activities are approved and supervised
- Creates opportunities for students and faculty/staff to receive authentic recognition of achievement
- Implements assessments (both formative and summative) that guide effective instruction and are used to successfully address student needs
- May Perform Additional Duties as Assigned
Skills and Knowledge
- Demonstrates leadership and outcomes-oriented capacities with a minimum of 3 years combined classroom teaching experience
- Bachelor’s degree with Master’s degree preferred
- Fluent Spanish-language writing and speaking skills
- Expert organizational multitasking and prioritizing abilities
- Strategic and functional problem analysis and solving abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills: courteous, professional, empathetic, strong work ethic
- Proven oral, written, negotiating and influencing skills
- Interpret and condense complex issues and data to produce positive outcomes aligned with the vision and mission of PA
- Ability to develop young people in their future roles of responsibility, stewardship, discipleship, and teamwork.
- Creative thinker who takes initiative and is proactive.
- Devoted Christ-follower who hungers to serve as unto the Lord and realizes that goal in his/her personal and professional life.
- Exhibits professionalism as a contributing team member who encourages others to perform to the best of his/her abilities
The above requirements are general in nature and are by no means intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel appointed to this position.
The Principal and Board will collaborate to select the Middle School Teacher by recruiting and selecting from a pool of candidates with the highest qualifications and in accordance with maintaining that all staff will be highly qualified and effective. The Middle School Teacher will provide on-site leadership to implement and manage a welcoming, interdisciplinary, educational environment that ensures each student the safety and security needed to thrive and engage in a maximized educational experience. As such, the Principal and Board will recruit talented individuals who have knowledge of and experience with instructional, educational, and school site matters. The school will follow the antidiscrimination provisions of 1000.05, F.S. and federal law.
The Middle School Teacher will be held to the highest performance requirements as set forth in the employee handbook and evaluated annually based on the job description agreed to at the time of hire and/or any additional tasks, roles, and responsibilities added to the same as needs arise.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA) from an accredited college or university (minimum with preference for Master’s degree (MA) from an accredited college or university)
- Florida Professional Certification in the appropriate grade level(s) and/or subject matter
- 3 years experience in classroom instruction
- Passion for technology integration and computer literacy skills (proficient in Windows, MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint; Learning Management System (LMS); Social Media)
- Fluent Spanish language skills in writing and speaking/communicating
- Recognized call to ministry and education
- Expertise in the iterative process of differentiating learning to scaffold student success in whole class, group, and individual settings
- Knowledge, understanding, skills and disposition for establishing and refining teaching and learning processes, protocols, and assessment of the same
- Equivalent/substitutionary requirements as may be deemed appropriate
- No physical exertion required
- Required to sit and /or stand for long periods of time
- Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up-to 10 pounds of force as frequently as needed.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this job in a school environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in this work environment is moderate, however, the noise level may increase during periods of high student traffic.
Terms of Employment
- Salary and benefits shall be paid consistent with PA salary and benefit policies as aligned with the OneHope salary/staffing schedule(s). Length of work year and hours of employment shall be those established by PA.
- This document does not constitute an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” relationship.
FLSA Overtime Category
Job is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
Performance will be evaluated in accordance with PA policy and as required by the body chosen to provide accreditation services.
Human Resources retains the sole right and discretion to make changes to this job description. Any unauthorized changes made by an employee will subject said person to disciplinary action and possible termination.
Powered by JazzHR
AddressPompano Beach, FL
EducationView all jobs at OneHope, Inc