Assistant Event Manager (West)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
About the Role:
This is a part-time, seasonal position supporting our clients during on-site events. Most events take place on Fridays and Saturdays, although some midweek events may occur. The location of events varies.
OneCause is committed to helping cause-driven organizations amplify their message and raise more funds with easy-to-use fundraising solutions. First to market as BidPal in 2007 with revolutionary mobile bidding, our solutions now power online giving, event management, mobile bidding, and peer-to-peer fundraising for nonprofit organizations of all sizes.
- Execute OneCause events on location and virtually
- Work with OneCause staff including Event Managers, Onsite Support, and Support Staff to appropriately delegate tasks
- Setup and manage the OneCause technology including OneCause/BidPal proprietary software, laptops, and iPads
- Manage and resolve all OneCause related client expectations
- Provide software training to the client, client's staff, volunteers, and guests
- Review all client auction and guest data and make appropriate changes where necessary
- Work with client to ensure software is fully utilized to maximize event revenue by providing recommendations that follow best practices
- Able to comfortably navigate and troubleshoot our software as well as various online video platforms
What you already know and skills you bring:
- 2+ years of work experience in event management
- Experience with, and comfortable learning new technology such as video content hosting and streaming platforms
- Management experience of external event staff, volunteers, and guests
- Strong leadership skills
- Exceptional customer relationship skills
- Exceptional communication skills, not limited to but including written, interpersonal, and public speaking.
- Highly organized with the ability to meet multiple concurrent deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- High level of initiative
- Technical knowledge, of various online video platforms, not limited to but including YouTube, Twitch, Vimeo, and Wistia, with the ability to comfortably navigate and troubleshoot
- Comfortable using intuitive web-based software as well as smartphone technology (iPhone and Android)
- Basic knowledge of setting up hardware (iPads/laptops/) using Wi-Fi or Cellular Data technology
- Basic knowledge of troubleshooting hardware (iPads/laptops/smartphones)
Bonus Points if You:
- Flexibility in schedule
- Experience with Non-Profits
- Event Management background
- Experience with web-based software and technical knowledge of various online video platforms
OneCause is an equal opportunity employer and hires equally for culture fit and technical skills and experience. We value diversity at our company. If you have the aptitude and attitude, we can help you grow your career through training, mentoring, increasing responsibility, and being around other rock star team members. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at OneCause
Get fresh Event Demonstrator jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.