At One America, we deliver on promises when customers need us most. We believe the best way to serve our customers is to know that every individual, employee, family and business we work with has unique personal and financial goals. We keep our promises so we can help them achieve their goals and realize their definition of financial success.
The Customer Service Representative contributes to the overall success of One America's objectives by providing timely and accurate support to our Specialty Team in Portland. This individual will interpret provisions of existing policies and provide information to claimants, doctors, lawyers, employers via telephone communication regarding policy coverage and current company procedures. This role is responsible for exercising considerable judgment in analyzing problems and making suggestions and recommendations to callers. The Customer Service Rep. demonstrates excellent telephone etiquette and superb communications skills. This individual is expected to handle customer needs and problems in a timely and courteous manner and promote a positive customer service as well as technical expertise image through prompt, accurate and courteous responses to customer information needs.
- Yields maximum utilization of multiple online and PC systems to access policy information, payments and customer contact information.
- Responsible for maintaining expected audit and performance guarantee standards in a call center environment.
- Maintain and update knowledge of ever-changing products, processes and systems
- Document timely and accurate information concerning customer inquiries.
- Contribute to the maintenance of a positive customer service image through documentation and accountability for resolution of issues identified during direct customer contact, as appropriate.
- Research and respond to external claimant requests with timely and accurate information relative to Short-Term and Long-Term Disability questions.
- If appropriate, follow up on telephone inquires within scope of role.
- Additional duties and responsibilities may be included to assist department in day to day activities
- 2 to 4 year college degree or a combination of equivalent related work experience and education
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word
- Flexible with schedule to cover business hours 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. on an as needed basis.
- Able to work independently.
- Meets individual daily performance goals which contributes to the overall goals of the department
To learn more about our products, services, and the companies of OneAmerica, visit oneamerica.com/companies.
Disclaimer: OneAmerica is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.