Mortgage Loan Officer
OneAZ Credit Union Tucson, AZ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Drive new members to the organization by developing referral relationships with community real estate professionals resulting in acquisition of new mortgage loans. Fulfill existing member mortgage needs through proactive conversations to deepen relationships and uncover member goals and objectives. Deliver a quality, member-centered, experience resulting in an understanding of member’s full financial needs and objectives, referring member to internal business partners for fulfillment as identified. Develop long term relationships with outside community professionals, internal business partners, and members resulting in referral business. Achieve 70% production from outside resources and 30% production from internal resources.
Mortgage Loan Officers act as ambassadors within their communities on behalf of OneAZ Credit Union. They assist members with their mortgage needs and works with assigned branches as subject matter experts to develop internal referrals. As professional sellers, they are responsible for developing outside mortgage loan business, working with realtors, builders, and other sources. Responsible for interviewing applicants for real estate loans and originating applications consistent with credit union policies and all applicable Real Estate-specific NCUA, federal, wholesale and secondary market real estate lending rules and regulations. Gathers background information and analyzes loan applicants' credit history. Requires the ability to liaison between multiple Real Estate Lending teams, branches and branch associates. members, and credit union departments. Any individual who meets the definition of a mortgage loan originator and is employed by a federal agency-regulated institution will need to be registered on NMLS. Ensures compliance with applicable policies, laws, and regulations, including the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML) compliance, USA Patriot Act, and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Effectively works with branches and community real estate professionals in assigned market, to build relationships, assist partners and branch associates in understanding real estate loan products and processes, and markets credit union real estate loan product line to new and existing members.
• Develops mortgage loan business through member seminars and calls on realtors, contractors, and other potential sources.
• Interviews applicants and requests specified information for loan application. Requests property appraisals, applicant credit reports, background checks, reference checks, and other information pertinent to loan applicant's evaluation.
• Analyzes applicant financial status, credit, and property evaluation to determine feasibility of granting loan or submits application to credit analyst for verification and recommendation.
• Corresponds with or interviews applicant or creditors to resolve questions regarding application information.
• Compiles loan package and facilitates negotiation with applicant according to establishment standards, such as fees, loan repayment options, and other credit terms.
• Required to accurately use multiple computer programs in completing work, including Mortgage Cadence, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Windows, HMDA Reporting, and other computer programs as required.
• Adheres to all internal policies and federal regulations regarding origination of mortgage loan and applicable deadlines.
• Identifies and analyzes potential loan markets to develop prospects for residential real estate loans.
• Advises loan manager of external factors that may affect establishment lending policies, such as new or revised legislation and regulations.
• Promotes and cross-sells other establishment products and services as appropriate to member requirements.
• Actively participates in scheduled call nights, call blocks, to conduct outbound calls to centers of influence, new members, and potential members.
• Actively participates in scheduled outside business activities to develop relationships with external partners a gain referrals.
• Completes regular educational and compliance courses to stay abreast of internal and industry changes.
• Develop an understanding of Credit Union philosophy, organization, bylaws, and operational procedures and comply with the requirements of the Bank Secrecy Act, AML, OFAC and all other applicable State and Federal Financial Institution Regulations.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's Degree preferred. Minimum two years residential lending experience. Thorough knowledge in loan origination and closing requirements for conventional, construction, and non-conforming portfolio loan programs.
Why join the OneAZ team?
Our culture is one-of-a-kind! You’ll be joining a team of friendly, hardworking, helpful associates with the same mission guiding all that we do: We exist to improve the lives of our members, our associates and the communities we serve.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We offer robust benefits including low-cost medical, dental and vision plans, gym reimbursement, paid parental leave, generous personal days and vacation time, and an award-winning 401(k) program among many others. Take a look at our career page for detailed benefit information: www.oneazcu.com/about/careers
Candidates for this position will be required to sign an authorization for OneAZ to conduct a credit and criminal background check, pursuant to procedures in the Fair Credit Reporting Act and any other applicable laws.
All candidates will be considered for this position on an individualized basis, in compliance with all applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
Ensures compliance with applicable policies, laws, and regulations, including the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML) compliance, USA Patriot Act, and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC).
Any individual who meets the definition of a mortgage loan originator and is employed by a federal agency-regulated institution will need to be registered on NMLS.
OneAZ Credit Union
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at OneAZ Credit Union