$5,000 SIGN ON BONUS!
COMPETITIVE BASE PAY + additional monthly incentive opportunities
*Incentives are not a draw against your base pay
Our Benefits & Culture
- Low-cost Medical, Dental & Vision plans!
- 100% Gym fee reimbursement
- Generous paid time off: Holidays, vacation time & personal days!
- 16 hours of paid time to volunteer
- 8 hours of paid time to care for your pet
- Two weeks of paid paternity/maternity leave
- Award-winning 401(k) with generous contribution & discretionary match!
- Up to $5,250/year in tuition assistance
- Up to $1,200/year in student loan repayment dollars
- Employee Assistance Program covering counseling for full family
- Health savings account with generous contributions each pay period!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Effectively works with branches and community real estate professionals in assigned market, to build relationships, assist partners and branch associates in understanding real estate loan products and processes, and markets credit union real estate loan product line to new and existing members. Any individual who meets the definition of a mortgage loan originator and is employed by a federal agency-regulated institution will need to be registered on NMLS. Ensures compliance with applicable policies, laws, and regulations, including the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML) compliance, USA Patriot Act, and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC).
- Develops mortgage loan business through member seminars and calls on realtors, contractors, and other potential sources.
- Interviews applicants and requests specified information for loan application. Requests property appraisals, applicant credit reports, background checks, reference checks, and other information pertinent to loan applicant's evaluation.
- Analyzes applicant financial status, credit, and property evaluation to determine feasibility of granting loan or submits application to credit analyst for verification and recommendation.
- Corresponds with or interviews applicant or creditors to resolve questions regarding application information.
- Compiles loan package and facilitates negotiation with applicant according to establishment standards, such as fees, loan repayment options, and other credit terms.
- Required to accurately use multiple computer programs in completing work, including Mortgage Cadence, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Windows, HMDA Reporting, and other computer programs as required.
- Adheres to all internal policies and federal regulations regarding origination of mortgage loan and applicable deadlines.
- Identifies and analyzes potential loan markets to develop prospects for residential real estate loans.
- Advises loan manager of external factors that may affect establishment lending policies, such as new or revised legislation and regulations.
- Promotes and cross-sells other establishment products and services as appropriate to member requirements.
- Actively participates in scheduled call nights, call blocks, to conduct outbound calls to centers of influence, new members, and potential members.
- Actively participates in scheduled outside business activities to develop relationships with external partners a gain referrals.
- Completes regular educational and compliance courses to stay abreast of internal and industry changes.
- Develop an understanding of Credit Union philosophy, organization, bylaws, and operational procedures and comply with the requirements of the Bank Secrecy Act, AML, OFAC and all other applicable State and Federal Financial Institution Regulations.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's Degree preferred. Minimum two years residential lending experience. Thorough knowledge in loan origination and closing requirements for conventional, construction, and non-conforming portfolio loan programs.
Any individual who meets the definition of a mortgage loan originator and is employed by a federal agency-regulated institution will need to be registered on NMLS. Ensures compliance with applicable policies, laws, and regulations, including the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML) compliance, USA Patriot Act, and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC).
***Candidates for this position will be required to sign an authorization for OneAZ to conduct a credit and criminal background check, pursuant to procedures in the Fair Credit Reporting Act and any other applicable laws
All candidates will be considered for this position on an individualized basis, in compliance with all applicable equal employment opportunity laws.