Senior HVAC Design Engineer wanted for a global leader in the maritime industry
This is a full time permanent position with full benefits
Must have 5-7 years of experience
Must have experience working on combatant programs such as LCS, DDG, FFG, CVN... or other Fed programs as TAK-E, ESB, TA-O...
This is an immediate need
Location is Norfolk, VA
Will pay for relocation
The Sr. HVAC/R Engineer plays an important role in meeting our primary policy which is to support the continued success of our customers. This is a task-focused job, requiring an authoritative, directive leadership style that encourages results-driven collaboration. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to affect an important aspect of the business and assume a rewarding role in Trident’s growth
The Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Ensuring that large, new HVAC/R system designs and/or overhaul of existing designs satisfy contract requirements and are reviewed, approved, and managed for change in a manner that supports the customer's program objectives.
• Providing the basis for acceptance of the HVAC/R systems through regulatory body submittals, design reviews, material procurement, installations, commissioning and deliveries.
• Ensuring that requirements are met to permit the efficient and effective integration of the HVAC/R systems into the ship's design model.
• Overseeing preparation of HVAC calculations for load, duct pressure and noise requirements, preparation of test procedures, and preparation of commissioning documentation.
• Planning, organizing, and directing support staff and subcontractors involved in projects.
• Providing assistance to parties involved regarding government and regulatory requirements, related guidelines, and rules.
• Reviewing and interpreting system specifications and data.
• Developing written information that includes estimates, proposals, technical data, procedures, and tests.
• Communication interface with customers, subcontractors, suppliers, management, and internal company departments.
• Management of project from start-up to closeout, including management of subcontractor’s schedules and work scopes.
• Configuration management of system drawings and diagrams on assigned projects.
• Researching, analyzing, designing, implementing, and troubleshooting new materials, construction methods, systems, and components.
• Oversight of shipboard installation, commissioning and turnover of HVAC/R systems.
• BSME or HVAC/R Engineering degree with a 0-5 years' experience in HVAC/R design or production, OR
• 0-5 years' trade experience in a HVAC/R systems design and production environment, OR
• 0-5 years' trade experience/responsibility for design and construction of large, complex, land based HVAC/R systems
• 0-5 years of experience in calculation and designing of HVAC/R systems
• Thorough understanding of regulatory body rules (USCG, ABS , SOLAS)
• Proficient Microsoft Office Suite skills
• Basic understanding of AutoCAD
• Ability and willingness to travel to customers and/or major suppliers
• Adaptable to a variety of work in a faster than average, schedule-driven environment
• Proof of U.S. citizenship and ability to gain U.S. Security Clearance (if necessary)
• Successful drug screening, background check, and post-offer health assessment
• Valid driver's license with clean driving record
• Experience with HVAC/R designs, installations and inspections on-board ships and rigs
• Experience with HVAC/R energy saving practices
• Working knowledge of shipboard systems and equipment; familiarity with design/terminology
• Ability to work independently and in team environments with minimal supervision
• Ability to set and achieve specific standards with an emphasis on schedule and quality
• Ability to effectively weigh risks against benefits
• Ability to seek solutions and accept decision , authority, and responsibility
• Ability to influence others while being direct and self-assured in dealing with them
• Ability to maintain control of an overall agenda, including others, in a task-focused manner
One of the Nations leading companies!(Through SITE Personnel)