Design Support - Interior Design
San Francisco, CA
Provides design support and services to assist Designers and Sales personnel with research, field verification, furniture and material selections, product specifications, vendor communications, and the development of working drawings and client deliverables. This is an entry level position intended for the furthering development of design skills and product knowledge.
- Learn and develop new skills
- Conduct product research
- Produce preliminary design concepts
- Generate, organize and maintain project CAD/CET files
- Record and organize project information to include maintaining vendor contact lists and maintaining project spreadsheet with furniture specification information.
- Draw, revise and plot design drawings, as well as develop floor plans and installation drawings
- Develop validation packages and spreadsheets
- Perform field verifications and inventories at project sites
- Contact vendors for pricing/information
- Specify products and finishes
- Manage project hours and time entry
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university. Associate’s Arts Degree or equivalent will be considered. Council for Interior Design Accreditation (CIDA) OR National Architecture Board (NAB) accreditation preferred.
- This is a collaborative position that requires the ability to work with many people in a fast-paced, collaborative, and deadline driven environment.
- Must be an optimistic and enthusiastic creative problem solver looking to develop a career in the interior design and commercial furnishings industry
- Awareness of commercial furniture products and systems furnishings
- Proficiency in a variety of software: AutoCAD, Sketchup, MS Office. CET Designer, 20/20 CAP Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign desired.
- Appreciation for Interior Design principles: texture, color, form, function and materiality
- Awareness of Interior Design practices: State and Federal codes, regulations, and ADA
- Requires extreme attention to detail and ability to work in a deadline driven industry
- Ability to take direction and provide friendly, professional service to internal staff and clients
- Ability to multi-task to meet goals, good time management skills and ability to take ownership for project deliverables
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Complex reading and writing skills, basic math skills, judgment/decision making
- Ability to draw/sketch by hand
- Seeing, color perception, hearing/listening, clear speech, hand and finger dexterity, and ability to move distances within and between warehouses/offices, ability to get to project sites.
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Regularly works alone or may with others face to face, over the phone and through email.
- Generally works in an office environment with moderate noise.
- Nature of work may require time spent out of the office at client location or other One Workplace offices.
- Periodically works outside and may work around moving objects, dust and dirt.