One Spa World is a worldwide provider and innovator in the fields of beauty, wellness, rejuvenation and transformation across the globe on cruise ships and on land. The company is dedicated to maintaining the highest quality standards and service delivery and is continually evolving to include all aspects of health and beauty while focusing on new advances within the spa, salon, fitness and wellness industry. Services include traditional and alternative massage, body and skincare treatment options, Ayurvedic treatments, comprehensive hair and nail services, mindfulness programs, fitness, acupuncture, herbal medicine, pain management, and Medi-Spa.
The Position: Regional, HR Business Partner (Hawaii/Las Vegas)
The HR business partner (HRBP) position is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. The position serves as a consultant to management on human resource-related issues and will help lead initiatives and business transformations for their respective locations. The successful HRBP acts as an employee champion and change agent. The role assesses and anticipates HR-related needs. Communicating needs proactively with our HR department and business management is critical in this role. The HRBP seeks to develop integrated solutions by acting as the voice for the customer while being able to balance and support the overall strategy. The position formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization. The HRBP maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business unit's financial position, its mid-range plans, its culture and its competition.
Primary Responsibilities & Duties:
- Conducts meetings as necessary with respective customers.
- Supports the talent acquisition process and works closely in partnership with leadership on strategies to fill operational roles.
- Consults with line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with corporate and the legal department as necessary.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions, on-site initiatives as needed).
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Develops contract terms for new hires, promotions and transfers.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Identifies training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
- Business Acumen/HR Expertise
- Leading Change
- Customer Focus
- Collaboration & Teamwork
- Promoting Empowerment & Accountability
- Decision Quality/Analytical Thinking
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department as well as customers.
Travel: Travel level ranges from 25 – 30% primarily in support of our Las Vegas spa locations. The incumbent will be based in our Honolulu spa location.
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years' experience resolving complex employee relations issues.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee and union relations, diversity, performance management, talent acquisition and federal and state respective employment laws.
- Experience in leading change management and enterprise level standardization is required.
- Bachelor's degree and/or combination & relevant industry experience.
- SHRM or HRCI certification desired, but not required.
- Must be well versed in laws and regulations of the territories that incumbent supports
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Paid Time Off
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts – HSAs & FSAs
- Match 401K
- A variety of ancillary benefits
- Product & services discounts