OneSpaWorld is a worldwide provider and innovator in the fields of wellness, beauty, rejuvenation, and transformation across the globe at sea on cruise ships and on land. The company is dedicated to maintaining the highest quality standards and service delivery and is continually evolving to include all aspects of health and beauty while focusing on new advances within the spa and salon industry. Services include traditional and alternative massage, body and skincare treatment options, Ayurvedic treatments, comprehensive hair and nail services, fitness, acupuncture, herbal medicine, pain management, and medi-spa services.
The Accountant will be responsible for helping the Accounting Manager in developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements and reporting. The Accountant is responsible for completing tasks in a timely and accurate manner. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities. The position requires strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal. The Accountant will report to the Accounting Manager.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close, in accordance with US GAAP.
- Ensure the accurate and timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly financial review package consisting of, but not limited to, financial statements, variance analysis, purchases, AP and AR aging etc.
- Assist with the compliance of the monthly Bank Reconciliations to ensure they are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Conduct monthly and quarterly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting, ledger maintenance and propose adjustments as necessary
- Assist the external audit team with requests and preparation of audit schedules
- Review and reconcile Inter-company transactions and generate invoices as necessary
- Support budget and forecasting activities.
- Advise staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Respond to inquiries from the Controller and/or Accounting Manager regarding financial results, special reporting requests, and projects.
- Review the expense coding and accounting treatment of non-PO invoices to ensure they are coded to the correct ledger account
BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting
- 3+ years experience in an Accounting role
- Technical Skills and Prior Experience
- Prior supervisory experience in the financial reporting/general ledger area a plus
- Must be PC proficient and able to thrive in a fast -pace setting. Experience with enterprise accounting software such as Epicor a plus. Must have strong experience with Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills required.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
- The marginal functions of this position have not been included. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed. An employee will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by the manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Customer focused – Make service excellence a primary focus of one's actions; effectively meets service excellence; develops and sustains positive and productive service excellence; and takes responsibility for service excellence and loyalty.
- Builds trust – Interacts with others in a way that gives them confidence in one's intentions and those of the organization.
- Influencing others and facilitating decisions – Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance of products, service, or ideas from prospects and guests (customers).
- Collaboration and partnering – Identifies opportunities and takes