Pacific Standard Time seeks an experienced pastry cook to join Natalie Saben's team. Pacific Standard Time is an airy, stylish hot spot with an ever-changing menu of California cooking.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assists Pastry Chef in upholding standards and cleaning responsibilities of self in the plating position and pastry production position.
- Ability to prepare one’s mise en place for the restaurant, ensuring all items required for the dessert menu are present in appropriate quantity and quality by the time the restaurant opens for service each day.
- Assists with execution of recipes and portion specifications in accordance with the standards of the Pastry Chef, Pastry Sous Chef, Chef de Cuisine, consumer tastes, nutritional needs, product specifications, ease of preparation, established procedures and budgetary constraints.
- Assists in maintaining appropriate pars for all pastry items on the menu, and maintains established pars daily.
- Exhibits cooperative effort, team spirit, and good morale among employees.
- Maintains high safety and sanitation standards in the pastry kitchen and on the line.
- Have strong communication with Pastry Chef, Chef De Cuisine, Sous Chef and FOH manager to communicate any issues, concerns, or ideas.
- Helps with duties of other employees (i.e. pastry line cooks, cooks, and dishwashers, etc.) when necessary because of an unexpected absence or extra volume.
- Has a strong understanding of company background and the philosophy.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned
- Open availability required