Are you looking to work in a fun environment with like-minded industry pros?
We are seeking high energy, skilled Line Cooks for all of our concepts:
Big Star Wicker Park
Big Star Wrigleyville
Pacific Standard Time / The Laurel Room
Publican Quality Meats
The Violet Hour
We offer sign on bonuses, great benefits, and more!
We're seeking individuals who are passionate about cuisine. Attention to detail and a strong work ethic are required in this position. Line cooks work together with other team members on a daily basis to ensure a flawlessly executed final product. Proficient knife skills and the ability to multi-task are also required.
Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- With minimal assistance, be able to set up and work multiple stations at an acceptable level.
- With assistance, able to perform prep tasks assigned by the CDC in a timely fashion.
- Always lead by example.
- Prepare food items consistent quality following recipe cards, as well as production, portion and presentation standards; complete required mise en place or prep list in a timely fashion.
- Set up station as required for all scheduled services.
- Be prepared to work private functions, banquets, and off site events.
- Follow manager’s direction in regard to quantity and quality of items prepped.
- Operate, maintain, and properly clean kitchen equipment: this includes the deep fryer, wood grill, wood oven and any other restaurant owned equipment deemed part of your cleaning duties.
- Maintain and clean your required tools.
- Date all food containers and rotate as per policies, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures; check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up; note any out-of-stock items or possible shortages; return all food items not used to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables.
- Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors.
- Work efficiently with a constant sense of urgency.
- Prioritize safety above speed. Study and know all safety policies set forth at your location.
- Taste all food at its various stages of preparation, most importantly just before a dish is sent to a guest. When in doubt of quality, ask kitchen manager for assistance and opinion.
- Perform other work related tasks as required.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
- High school education, cooking school or culinary institute education or equivalent experience preferred
- Willingness to work mornings, evenings and weekends as required.
- Serve safe certification required.