Staff Software Engineer, Enterprise
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
One Medical is a primary care platform challenging the industry status quo by making quality care more affordable, accessible and enjoyable. But this isn't your average doctor's office. We're on a mission to radically transform healthcare, which means tackling the frustrations of everyone involved — from patients and providers to employers and health networks.
Across the country, our members enjoy seamless access to comprehensive care at more than 180 locations across 28 cities (and counting!) as well as 24/7 access to virtual care powered by intelligent uses of technology. In addition to a direct-to-consumer membership model, we work with more than 7,000 companies to provide One Medical health benefits to their employees.
Our One Medical for Business team has been rapidly growing and we are honored to partner with great companies such as Google, NASDAQ, Airbnb, Pinterest, Instacart, Zendesk, and ING. To support our continued growth we have an opportunity for an exceptional Staff Engineer to join our team.
As a member of our business focused team you'll work directly with our customers, partners and internal stakeholders to design and build solutions that enable One Medical to grow the membership of our world-class service. You'll make sure users can easily learn about our offerings, sign up as a customer, onboard their staff and get acquainted with the care options that are available to them. You'll build tools that help our internal stakeholders in marketing, sales and client services to be more efficient and delight our customers and members. A growth team at heart - we are opportunity focused, data driven and fast moving and we're looking for team members that thrive in that environment.
What you'll work on:
As a staff engineer, you will partner with the Product Manager and Engineering Manager to communicate with stakeholders, define technical direction and define team goals with the rest of the department.
- Design and architect key new features in collaboration with product and design
- Mentoring and upleveling less sr engineers on the team
- Working with manager to come up with bigger picture and plan for the domain
You'll be set up for success if you have:
- 8+ years of engineering experience
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
- Proficiency in a full stack environment (Ruby/Rails, Django/Python or Node)
- Test-driven development (Jest, Rspec)
- Understanding of relational databases such as MySQL or Postgres
Not required but would be great if you also had:
- Experience in a leadership role (e.g. technical lead, team lead)
- Past experience on a growth team or at a startup
- Experience with A/B testing tools and methodologies
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Terraform
- Experience with server and/or client-side performance tuning
Benefits designed to aid your health and wellness:
Taking care of you today
- Paid sabbatical after 5 and 10 years
- Employee Assistance Program - Free confidential advice for team members who need help with stress, anxiety, financial planning, and legal issues
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Free One Medical memberships for yourself, your friends and family
- Pre-Tax commuter benefits
- PTO cash outs - Option to cash out up to 40 accrued hours per year
Protecting your future for you and your family
- 401K match
- Opportunity to participate in company equity programs
- Credit towards emergency childcare
- Company paid maternity and paternity leave
- Paid Life Insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Basic Life Insurance
- Disability insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
This is a full-time remote role that can be based anywhere in the U.S.
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage qualified applicants of every background, ability, and life experience to contact us about appropriate employment opportunities.
Subject to applicable law, proof of COVID 19 vaccination is required for employees and contractors who interact with patients, access a shared office space or engage with other team members, except where a medical or religious accommodation applies.
One Medical participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. Please refer to the E-Verification Poster (English/Spanish) and Right to Work Poster (English/Spanish) for additional information.
AddressSan Francisco, CA
TechnologyView all jobs at One Medical