Senior Engineering Manager, Clinical Data Platform (Remote)
- Posted: over a month ago
One Medical is a primary care platform challenging the industry status quo by making quality care more affordable, accessible and enjoyable. But this isn't your average doctor's office. We're on a mission to radically transform healthcare, which means tackling the frustrations of everyone involved — from patients and providers to employers and health networks.
Across the country, our members enjoy seamless access to comprehensive care at more than 180 locations across 28 cities (and counting!) as well as 24/7 access to virtual care powered by intelligent uses of technology. In addition to a direct-to-consumer membership model, we work with more than 7,000 companies to provide One Medical health benefits to their employees.
At One Medical we build software to improve the healthcare experience for not just our members, but for our healthcare providers as well. This enables us to build amazing end-to-end solutions to connect patients and our care team in new and innovative ways.
The senior engineering manager for the Clinical Data Platform (CDP) team is the ultimate opportunity for those looking for a high visibility technical leadership role with the ability to make an impact on the industry. As the primary source of truth for our members' clinical data, the Clinical Data Platform is designed to be the critical foundational component on top of which our electronic health record system is built. Lead the team in delivering efficient, high quality platform work to support the CDP as the fast, secure, scalable, fault-tolerant, compliant, and auditable system One Medical relies on. Work both within and without the company to drive adoption of FHIR, the modern standard of healthcare data exchange that the CDP is built on, and support the team in their ongoing open sourcing of our own FHIR libraries.
The manager position is a champion for teamwork and personal growth, a protector of team responsibilities and workload, and a liaison with other organizational counterparts.
What you'll likely work on:
- Manage a team of software engineers, including task planning, career development, and technical growth
- Drive technical strategy and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Be responsible for the overall planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects
- Work closely with product management team to ensure we're building the best products
- Work with external partners to capture technical requirements
- 3+ years of experience in software engineering management
- Ability to inspire, guide and motivate engineers with career development
- Ability to align teams across project requirements and architectural solutions
- Experience collaborating with product management to prioritize and deliver
- Experience with architecting and developing scalable services and APIs
- Experience with event-based and messaging architectures
- Experience with database technologies (SQL, NoSQL)
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of healthcare interoperability standards (HL7, FHIR, C-CDA, etc)
- Experience with implementing and maintaining data governance standards
Benefits designed to aid your health and wellness:
Taking care of you today
- Paid sabbatical after 5 and 10 years
- Employee Assistance Program - Free confidential advice for team members who need help with stress, anxiety, financial planning, and legal issues
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Free One Medical memberships for yourself, your friends and family
- Pre-Tax commuter benefits
- PTO cash outs - Option to cash out up to 40 accrued hours per year
Protecting your future for you and your family
- 401K match
- Opportunity to participate in company equity programs
- Credit towards emergency childcare
- Company paid maternity and paternity leave
- Paid Life Insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Basic Life Insurance
- Disability insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
This is a full-time remote role based anywhere in the US. The role will ask you to work the hours of 9-5 pm either in the Central Time Zone or the Pacific Time Zone (some flexibility). You have the option of working from our San Francisco headquarters, Austin, TX or New York, but most of your coworkers will be based out of SF.
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage qualified applicants of every background, ability, and life experience to contact us about appropriate employment opportunities.
Subject to applicable law, proof of COVID 19 vaccination is required for employees and contractors who interact with patients, access a shared office space or engage with other team members, except where a medical or religious accommodation applies.
One Medical participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. Please refer to the E-Verification Poster (English/Spanish) and Right to Work Poster (English/Spanish) for additional information.
TechnologyView all jobs at One Medical