Director of Strategic Service Development
One Medical San Francisco, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
One Medical is a primary care platform challenging the industry status quo by making quality care more affordable, accessible and enjoyable. But this isn't your average doctor's office. We're on a mission to radically transform healthcare, which means tackling the frustrations of everyone involved — from patients and providers to employers and health networks.
Across the country, our members enjoy seamless access to comprehensive care at more than 90 locations across thirteen cities (and counting!) as well as 24/7 access to virtual care powered by intelligent uses of technology. In addition to a direct-to-consumer membership model, we work with more than 7,000 companies to provide One Medical health benefits to their employees.
As we continue to expand our ability to transform primary care across the country, the teams that support that growth are expanding, too. We are seeking to hire a Director of Operations, Strategic Service Development, who will build and lead a team of Program Managers and be responsible for the creation, design, and implementation of new strategic service lines as well as the innovation and expansion for established strategic service lines. You'll support operations growth and innovation across primary care, virtual care, behavioral health, pediatrics and beyond, as we expand our strategic service lines to broaden the types of care available to One Medical and drive the growth of the business overall. Working collaboratively with leaders from Strategy, Operations and Clinical teams, you'll ensure our strategic service lines meet growth, revenue, cost, patient satisfaction, and provider experience targets. More broadly, cross-functional collaboration will encompass work with technology, marketing, sales, recruiting, and others. Building relationships across all departments will be critical to ensuring alignment across all functions.
A true player/coach, you blend your passion for improving processes and delivering results, with experience in coaching, mentoring and developing high performing teams. You have a deep understanding of the intersection of healthcare and business, and can navigate the complexities of both, to superior outcomes. If you are excited to leverage your leadership skills, knowledge of process improvement, program development, and understanding of the healthcare industry in a high-growth, high potential organization, we'd love to speak with you!
What you'll work on:
- Design & implement new service lines as well as drive innovation and expansion of established service lines at One Medical including but not limited to value-based senior care, virtual care, behavioral health, and pediatrics
- Lead a team of Program Managers and collaborate with operations and clinical leaders to ensure the success of strategic service lines as defined by growth, revenue, cost, member experience, and provider satisfaction targets
- Partner with the strategy team on business model assumptions and decisions related to implementation timelines, prioritization, resourcing, and strategic direction of our service lines
- Build cross-functional relationships and ensure alignment across technology, marketing, sales, and recruiting teams
What you'll have:
- 10+ years of experience in defining, designing, & leading strategic programs - both de novo and existing, with a minimum of 3+ years in healthcare
- 3+ years of building & leading teams including direct people management
- Demonstrated success in driving measurable results in a complex environment
- Ability to apply knowledge of business models to identify business priorities and inform decision making
- Experience in formalized process improvement methodologies & management practices (A3, Kaizen, 5S, Active Daily Management)
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to influence key stakeholders in a highly cross-functional setting
- Experience with virtual care, behavioral health and specialty care programs a plus
Benefits designed to aid your health and wellness:
Taking care of you today
- Paid sabbatical after 5 and 10 years
- Employee Assistance Program - Free confidential advice for team members who need help with stress, anxiety, financial planning, and legal issues
- Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Free One Medical memberships for yourself, your friends and family
- Pre-Tax commuter benefits
- PTO cash outs - Option to cash out up to 40 accrued hours per year
Protecting your future for you and your family
- 401K match
- Opportunity to participate in company equity programs
- Credit towards emergency childcare
- Company paid maternity and paternity leave
- Paid Life Insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Basic Life Insurance
- Disability insurance - One Medical pays 100% of the cost of Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
This is a full-time role based in San Francisco, CA
One Medical is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage qualified applicants of every background, ability, and life experience to contact us about appropriate employment opportunities.
Proof of COVID 19 vaccination is required for employees and contractors who interact with patients, access a shared office space or engage with other team members, except where a medical or religious accommodation applies.
AddressSan Francisco, CA
BusinessView all jobs at One Medical