Position: HVAC Installation Apprentice Location: One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning 5561 W. 74th Street Indianapolis, IN Job Id: 272-IND OH # of Openings: 4
HVAC Installation Apprentice
The Install Helper performs semi-skilled and skilled work in the installation of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems. The Install Helper provides exceptional customer service and educates customers regarding technical and investment decisions by providing multiple options and solutions while installing in customer s homes.
Assist crew leader with installation of air conditioning units and furnaces. Assist with the installation and replacement of gas furnaces, air conditioners, heat pumps, electric furnaces, packaged terminal units, ductless split systems, humidification and dehumidification equipment, electronic air cleaners and air purification systems, residential control systems to include Evolution and zoning systems.
- Explain each service provided for customers.
- Accurately documents:
- Age and type of each system component on invoices.
- Services completed.
- Discussion with customer regarding current and/or future equipment/service requirements.
- Invoices and costs for service.
- Wear floor savers while working in client homes. Work drop cloths as needed to protect customer s homes.
- Inspection of area for cleanliness after job completion.
- Maintains company vehicle, ensuring cleanliness and organization, both inside and out.
- Maintain a professional image at all times by:
- Wearing only company approved and provided One Hour apparel.
- Following safety policies and procedures.
- Abiding by ALL One Hour standards of performance and Code of Conduct.
- Maintaining a courteous demeanor with all customers and associates.
- Respecting the customer s property.
- Participate in ALL company sponsored training classes.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the fundamental of operational functionality of residential heating, air conditioning, and ventilation equipment.
- Solid communication and customer service skills. Ability to communicate effectively and courteously with customers.
- Ability to take work direction from crew leader in courteous manner.
- Must have appropriate trade tools.
- Valid driver s license and a clean driving record.
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screen.
- GED or High School Diploma (preferred).
One Hour Heating and Air Conditioning, an Authority Brands Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply for this Position