Physician Assistant or Family Nurse Practitioner
- Posted: 9 days ago
***Signing Bonus $10,000***
One Health is seeking a full-time licensed Medical Provider for our Powell, Greybull and Lovell area.
As a Physician Assistant (PA) or Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) licensed to practice in Wyoming, you'll assist in the coordination of comprehensive health care needs of the specific patient population and provides appropriate direct patient care through assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of specific conditions. The PA/NP provides medical and clinical support and direct services to these identified patients. The PA/NP may also serve as part of a consulting team with constant and effective communication to management and direct care staff regarding clinical policies and procedures.
About One Health:
With multiple clinic sites across Montana and Wyoming, One Health (formerly Bighorn Valley Health Center) provides medical and behavioral health services to rural populations through a community-based, integrated approach to health care. We offer a competitive compensation package that includes paid time off, nine paid holidays, discounted health care for employees and their family members, 403(b) retirement plan, as well as paid medical insurance for all employees working at least 20 hours/week.
One Health provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Benefits: Health, dental, & vision insurance, employee discounts, disability insurance, health savings account, matching retirement plan, holidays, paid time off
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Works as part of a multi-disciplinary team in caring for patients.
- Provides comprehensive, high quality primary, episodic and/or recuperative care.
- Elicits an appropriate history, performs physical examinations, orders diagnostic studies, interprets results, and initiates therapy in accordance with accepted standards and guidelines.
- Refers patients as appropriate to medical specialists, hospital admission, recuperative care, or detox facilities, providing appropriate information for continuity of care.
- Participates in after-hours patient care, including scheduled evening and Saturday clinics, and scheduled on-call staffing (overnight and weekends) of patient telephone line.
- Tracks patients through follow-up visits and labs.
- Participates in collaborative relationship with One Health physician(s) according to the regulations of the State of Wyoming.
- Provides education to patients on health promotion, disease treatment, and prevention.
- Participates in peer education by presenting information in areas of interest and expertise when applicable.
- Participates in the teaching (formal and informal) of nurse practitioner and physician assistant students.
- Participates and contributes to department, general staff, discipline specific, and committee meetings.
- Maintains and enhances professional knowledge by attending continuing medical education (CME) conferences, educational programs, and seminars according to licensure requirements and to maintain the highest level of clinical competence.
- Participates in quality assurance activities.
- Participates in Health Disparities Collaboratives (HDC) (i.e. diabetes, depression).
- Maintains adequate, up-to-date medical records, completed in a timely manner, according to the One Health guidelines, and employing standards such as formatted in eHR.
- Maintains active drug enforcement agency (DEA) and professional license, hospital privileges (as indicated), managed care credentialing and CPR training.
- Displays concern and initiative.
- Cooperates and maintains good rapport with medical staff, nursing staff, other departments, patients, and visitors.
- Adheres to all One Health Policies and Procedures.
- Participates in performance optimization and risk management activities as required.
- Cooperates and abides by all elements of One Health’s Compliance Program.
- Provides exceptional customer service and models the mission of One Health when interacting with internal and external stakeholders promoting a positive image for the health center.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required with or without prior notification.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Licensed in Wyoming as a Physician Assistant or Family Nurse Practitioner
- Registered or registry eligible with the federal DEA
- Valid driver’s license
- Demonstrated mastery of a specialty area or other related field normally acquired by three (3) to five (5) years progressively responsible clinical experience
- Communication proficiency
- Collaboration skills
- Critical evaluation
- Customer/client focus
- Ethical conduct and practice
- Interpersonal skills
- Performance management
- Personal effectiveness/credibility
- Relationship management
- Time management skills
HealthcareView all jobs at One Health
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?