Health Data Analyst
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Health Care Data Analyst is an essential part of One Health’s Data Analytics program and the Strategy and Innovation Group (SIG). Data for decision making in process improvement is a central component to achieving our mission and continuous improvement. While this position is dedicated to quality data analysis and reporting through SIG, the team member interfaces regularly with IT, Integrated Services, Operations, and project teams. This team member is one who can be flexible and think critically while seeing linkages between systems, curating data which helps to solve mysteries revealing process improvement opportunities, and unearthing demonstrated successes for continued best practices in service to health and wellbeing.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. The essential job functions and responsibilities are:
- Promotes a strong belief in One Health’s philosophy, purpose, mission, and vision.
- Evaluates the connections between health care operations and data management systems.
- Creates and validates record-keeping processes, including continuous optimization of our organization’s data model in both independent settings as well as in collaboration with the Data Analytics Director.
- Independently monitors and maintains permissions and access to data visualizations and software licenses.
- Pulls and integrates data from disparate sources (e.g. aggregating data from external organizations in support of community-based initiatives).
- Evaluates and preprocesses raw information.
- Delves into data to discover discrepancies and patterns in support of specific clinical programs (for example, independently preparing data and analyzing trends to present to clinical leadership teams at monthly meetings)
- Autonomously builds data visualization models that capture a wide range of health care operations.
- Presents and explains information in an accessible way (e.g. budgeting reports) to senior leadership and clinical teams.
- Suggests ways to both increase healthcare quality and reduce costs in support of process improvement projects, both during project phases and control phases ((e.g. money spent in (research and development) R&D)), utilizing the Lean Six Sigma methodology
- Assists the Health Data Analytics Director in the facilitation of the Athena Governance/Data Governance committee.
- Collaborates with management and internal teams to implement and evaluate improvements.
- Participates in training, reporting, and other requirements of various grant supported programs implemented by One Health and partners.
- Adheres to all One Health Policies and Procedures.
- Participates in performance optimization and risk management activities as required.
- Cooperates and abides by all elements of One Health’s Compliance Program.
- Provides exceptional customer service and models the mission of One Health when interacting with internal and external stakeholders promoting a positive image for the health center.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required with or without prior notification.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- BS/BA in Health Informatics, Statistics, Mathematics or a field in which data collection, research and analysis are a primary focus.
- Valid driver’s license
- Master’s degree in Health Informatics, Statistics, Mathematics or a field in which data collection, research and analysis are a primary focus.
- Two (2) years’ experience as a data analyst.
- Two (2) years’ experience with databases and data analytics software.
- Knowledge in Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH), Uniform Data Systems (UDS), and other Health Center related requirements and initiatives.
- Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma, or other performance improvement concepts and tools.
- Ethical practice
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Technical proficiency
- Attention to detail/thoroughness
- Results driven
- Analytic and problem-solving skills
- Strategic thinking and independent decision-making skills
- Multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Presentation skills
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT:
The working conditions and environments described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the basic functions of this job. An employee may be exposed to other working conditions and/or environments which are not listed.
- Work indoors in heat-controlled environment 95% of the time.
- Moderate noise level consistent with an office environment.
- Typically, 40-hour workweek.
- Some evening and weekend hours as needed.
- Periodic travel to other One Health sites and within Montana as well as regional and national meetings.
HealthcareView all jobs at One Health