- Posted: over a month ago
Were adding an Account Director to our team
We are excited to be growing our team of experienced account and growth strategists to help our clients navigate and articulate their long-term vision and the roadmap into which current and future projects fit.
Why you'd want to collaborate over Zoom with us
With a culture of collaboration, a talented team roster, and several office pups, the One Design Company team is active in the creative communityendlessly interested in whats next and generally pleasant to be around. The pandemic has prompted us to ask our team to work remotely until we can all safely return to the officebut even though were not in the office now, we will be in the future. Wed even say were very eager to see each other again!
Weve called Chicago our home for over a decade, nurturing strong roots in local art, design, and development communities. From small, regional, and boutique organizations to some of the largest companies and brands globally, the range of work our team engages in is varied, dynamic, and exciting.
At One Design, we are committed to achieving a representative, equitable, and inclusive workplace. We believe that the best work results from a team with diverse backgrounds and lived experiencesand we encourage all individuals, regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, ability, religion, or other defining characteristics to apply. Last but certainly not least, we celebrate individuals with a multidisciplinary approach and a deep passion for their work.
Heres who we're looking for:
You are a natural problem solver, collaborator, and analytically-minded proficient communicator. As the client advocate within our studio, you offer the client strategic guidance and often proactively surface solutions to problems your client has yet to identify. In the Account Director role, you are the trusted advisor to your clients, helping them to navigate and even articulate their long-term vision, and the roadmap into which current and future projects fit.
The Account team also serves as the Business Development arm of the Studio. We are responsible for identifying new projects and areas of growth within our existing accounts and facilitating opportunities with potential new clients. This includes increasing revenue and profitability by building key relationships and making strategic business decisions.
If you were working for us, here are some of the things you would have done last week:
- Collaborated closely with the Project Manager & Creative Directors on your account
- Led or facilitated a client stakeholder meeting
- Reasearched areas of growth in your existing accounts
- Scoped and estimated a project proposal for a new account
Here's a little bit more about the job:
The Account Director is focused on fostering and maintaining key client relationships, overseeing their clients accounts and guiding project teams in the creation of strategically sound solutions for those clients.
Adept at big-picture thinking and equipped with the necessary soft skills, the Account Director will act as a trusted advisor to their clients helping them navigate or even articulate their long-term vision and the roadmap into which current and future projects fit.
At the project level, the Account Director leadsin collaboration with their client and One Designs project teamthe definition of a strategy and approach that meets the clients goals and objectives for the project, and reflects an understanding of its broader strategic value to the clients organization. The Account Director believes that the best outcomes are realized through an interdisciplinary approach, where designers, writers, developers and other project team members directly inform each others work on an ongoing and fluid basis, never working siloed in parallel tracks. They champion this collaboration, providing guidance on solutions and stepping in to mediate and promote smart and strategic compromises when challenges arise.
The Account Director will be responsible for the quality, direction and success of our work by guiding and supporting the project team and collaborating with a Project Manager, Creative Director, and Technical Leadto ensure this happens in a manner consistent with the strategic goals for the project and account.
The Account Director will also be responsible for cultivating new business at One Design by identifying new projects and areas of growth within their existing client accounts and facilitating opportunities with potential new clients. These efforts will include working with the business development team to evaluate new opportunities, scoping and estimating solutions for new engagements, and participation on sales calls and pitches.
In addition to the above, other responsibilities include:
- Fosters and maintains client relationships, acting as the primary trusted advisor for clients at an account level
- Proactively recommends new ideas and strategies to grow accounts with clients
- Coach clients to grow their business by partnering with them on articulating goals, and providing research based insights and recommendations to achieve those goals
- Maintain an expert-level understanding of the clients business, industry, and competitor landscape
- Weekly check-ins with the Account team to highlight account and project status, along with opportunities for growth
- Project scoping, estimating and pitching
- 5-8+ years experience leading accounts through a strategic and relationship focus
- Experience with design account strategy is preferred
- Thoughtful and adaptable communicators in different environments and with diverse audiences
- A good judge of business (e.g. industry shifts and trends)
- Able to foresee what the client wants before they want it
- Innate curiosity
- An ability to be proactive
- An ability to ask important questions and listen intently
- Great people skills
- An ability to set goals and develop a strategic plan
- Basic understanding of web accessibility and desire to create inclusive, accessible digital experiences
- Experience incorporating the perspectives of multiple communities, including communities of color, in the considerations of impacts and outcomes of a decision-making process.
- Reports to Managing Director, Account
- Work closely with the Account team to evaluate net new opportunities
- Collaborates with Project Management and Design departments to define overall project practices & processes
- Collaborates with Project Management to define processes & standards for project estimation & team resource allocation for new engagements
This is an open call posting to help us connect with candidates who are interested today (or in the future) in taking on an Account Director role at One Design. There is no immediate timeline to fill this posting, but we will respond within a reasonable time period to provide feedback and expectations about the status of your application. All interviews will be via video chat, with the Managing Director, People, and a member from the Account Team. We generally do 2-3 rounds of interviews, but when we reach out, well let you know what to expect along the way.
This position is ideally filled by a candidate in the Chicago area or open to relocating. Today, our team is working remotelybut we expect to be back in the office again in the future. Despite the preference for a local candidate, we welcome and encourage applicants outside of Chicago to apply. We also ask that only applicants located in and legally able to work in the United States apply.
We ask a lot of our peoplebut we give a lot, too. We offer a competitive salary with full health benefits, matching 401k, unlimited time off and other paid leaves to support individual or family needs, flexibility in work schedule and location, and an inclusive and inspiring work environment.
BusinessView all jobs at One Design