Epic Site Specialist
One Community Health, a non-profit Federally Qualified Health Center, has an immediate opening for a full time Epic Site Specialist. For an assigned clinic location, the site specialist is responsible for: Epic system maintenance, overall success of the EHR support Help Desk, training and knowledge transfer to Super Users, and overall provider and staff satisfaction & fluency of the EHR.
System Maintenance & Implementation
- Responsible for the overall health of the Epic EHR at a given clinic location.
- Performs daily system maintenance as instructed by Ochin and internal staff.
- Reviews all system notifications and updates, and documents potential changes to Cares' workflows.
- Monitors Epic work queues for issues and brings them to the Epic support team for triage.
- Implements changes in the EHR in accordance with Ochin standards as they relate to Cares' workflows.
- Assists the Epic Software Trainer with the development of training materials relating to system changes.
Back End Support
- Charged with the overall success of the EHR support Help Desk for a clinic location.
- Tracks ticketing trends and develops knowledge base articles based on frequency and severity.
- Ensures Epic support Help Desk tickets are being worked in a timely manner in accordance with the sites' outlines service level agreement (SLA).
- Provides second tier support for all modules when an issues is escalated to the help desk level.
- Leads the super user program for a given clinical location. Documents super user work and conducts frequent assessment of the site's super user team.
- Coordinates system changes with leadership for decision making. Provides well documented options independent of personal preference.
Subject Matter Expertise
- Maintains up-to-date expertise on the operation and application of Epic's modules.
- Has a working knowledge of key indicators, standards, and processes related to EHR systems.
- Provides management technical system guidance to improve and streamline operational workflows.
- Provides weekly check in with site's clinical staff thru elbow to elbow support to assess end user fluency and satisfaction.
- Conducts Epic system training as needed.
Education/ Experience Required
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 3+ years experience using Cadence, Prelude, and EpicCare
- Highly Desired:
- Epic Certification in multiple modules, including Cadence, Prelude, EpicCare, and Resolute
- 1+ years experience in training users in an Electronic Health Record
- 1+ years experience as a super user/support role using Epic
- Ochin Epic experience
Job Posted by ApplicantPro