Looking for a Per Diem Call Center Representative for our Thriving Organization
One Community Health is recruiting mission driven, kind, warm hearted, and hard-working people who are dedicated to quality care and superior service. Our culture is centered around our values of compassion, accountability, respect and excellence. We are proud of our inclusiveness and the diversity of our staff and patients.
One Community Health is poised for growth and expansion. Come join us on this journey as we become healthy together!
At One Community Health we believe healthcare isn't a privilege; it's a human right. Everyone should have the opportunity to achieve optimal health. We've made it our job to help individuals and our community lower the barrier to wellness. Our organization pushes for equality for all and for social justice for those on the margins. Our doctors and health care professionals treat people with compassion, without judgment for their personal choices and behavior. We provide a comprehensive menu of services to all ages and everyone in need, and we advocate for public awareness of such issues as the stigma surrounding mental illness and the need for healthcare for everyone. We understand the impact of trauma on one's health and are working to help people heal those wounds. When we see suffering, we try to heal it whether it be an individual in pain or a group in our community. If these are your values are your values, then please consider joining our team.
We are a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) serving all those in need in the Sacramento area. We have been a level 3 Patient Centered Medical Home since 2011 and were the first to earn that designation in Sacramento. We offer integrated, comprehensive and supportive services to maximize health outcomes. The founding values of One Community Health were based on providing a safe and welcoming place for people who often experienced social exclusion and discrimination.
- Up to 4% employer match at 90 days of employment
- Administrative fees and administration of plan managed and paid for by employer
- 24 Hours of Sick Time
About the Position
One Community Health, a private, non-profit organization, has an immediate opening for a per diem Call Center Representative that would cover opening, closing and Saturday shifts. This position will support patients who would like to establish care or are existing patients at One Community Health by providing a superior level of customer service and responding effectively and thoroughly to a wide variety of patient requests.
- For each incoming phone call it is the responsibility of the Call Center Representative to prescreen patients by conducting concise, courteous and informed interviews by obtaining pertinent information to determine appropriate actions required.
- Answers a high volume of incoming calls using proper telephone etiquette and establish telephone call scripts.
- Directs calls to the correct person or department or assists caller with request.
- Determines how best to handle the phone call and takes necessary action.
- Updates patient demographics by asking open ended questions.
- Schedules appointments as requested and in accordance to established guidelines.
- Verifies insurance eligibility for new and existing patients seeking to schedule an appointment
- Verify and properly document caller's information in accordance to company policy.
- Respond to patient inquiries and provide general information regarding services available at One Community Health.
- Conduct daily telephone appointment confirmations
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE AND OR LICENSE/CERTIFICATION
- High school diploma or equivalent required and three years previous secretarial/office experience required.
- AA Degree preferred.
- Spanish speakers preferred.
One Community Health values the diversity of the people it hires and serves. Diversity at One Community Health means fostering a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, respected and responded to in ways that fully develop and utilize each person's talents and strengths. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin,gender identity, sexual orientation or disability. Please provide us with notice if you will require accommodations during the interview process.
One Community Health - CA