OnTrack staffing is looking for a Financial Operations Analyst in Grapevine Texas. This will be a contract position lasting approximately 2-6 months.
Working under general supervision, the Financial Analyst develops, improves, communicates, and supports financial processes and procedures. Financial Analyst provides financial reporting and analysis for the Supply Chain, Logistics, and Distribution branch. The principal business outcome of this position is to (1) mine, analyze, and report data for a variety of business managers and executives, (2) establish a timely and efficient budgeting and forecasting process across business units and departments, (3) partner with department heads and BP&A team members to meet annual and quarterly financial goals. The associate will interact with a supervisor as needed, but a high level of independence, self-initiative and ownership will be expected at this level.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
- Create an annual budgeting process that mirrors a dynamic and growing business and follow best demonstrated practices across industries.
- Solicit and apply feedback from all levels of management, cost center owners and business heads to ensure a systematic and comprehensive budgeting process that supports good business decisions.
- Work collaboratively with others within and outside of his or her function to achieve goals, simply processes, reduce costs, prevent loss, and to ensure that work is completed accurately and on time
- Prepare financial analysis and assess the financial implications of business decisions
- Strong collaboration skills that allow for effective project management across multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrate personal ownership of projects and follow through to reach targeted results
- Manage relationships in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization; adhere consistently with all organizational policies related to our respectful workplace
- Demonstrate a high level of emotional intelligence, including the ability to manage conflict effectively
- Assist with special projects as assigned
- Responsible for adhering consistently with all employment policies as stated in the employee handbook provided or as provided by his or her supervisor
- Model team commitment by adhering to the team's expectations and guidelines; fulfilling team responsibilities; and demonstrating personal commitment to the team by being cooperative, collaborative, and flexible
- Decision Making – Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences
- Financial Acumen - Utilizes financial data to diagnose business strengths and weaknesses and identify the implications for potential strategies; keeps a financial perspective in the forefront when making strategic decisions.
- Operational Decision Making - Securing and comparing information from multiple sources to identify business issues; committing to an action after weighing alternative solutions against important decision criteria.
- Communication – Clearly conveys information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Managing Work – Effectively manages one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
FINANCIAL OPERATIONS ANALYST
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited program in Accounting, Finance, or Information Systems required
- At least 3 years of experience in an Accounting, Audit, or Finance role required
- MBA or CPA certification preferred
- Administrative experience with at least one of the following applications/tools is preferred: Microsoft Dynamics GP, Blackline, Coupa, PowerBI, ReQlogic
- Lean Six Sigma certification preferred
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office computer platforms and applications, including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Advanced Excel (Macros, VBA). Proficient knowledge of database tools a plus.
- Proficient ability to communicate effectively in English with management and co-workers, including the ability to deliver presentations as needed to small groups within the organization
- Proficient ability to gather requirements and create or update financial policies and procedures
- Proficient problem solving and decision making skills
- Basic knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley and other control objectives
- Detail oriented, organized critical thinker with strong analytical skills
- Proficient understanding of general accountancy, including generally accepted accounting principles
- Consistently demonstrates a commitment to GameStop policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest, and ethical responsibilities
- Working ability to enter, retrieve, analyze, recognize discrepancies, organize, and report electronic financial data
- Demonstrated commitment to widely accepted, professionally mandated accounting principles and practices and to related GameStop accounting policies and procedures
- Expert detail orientation — effective at researching issues and problem solving
- Proficient project planning skills, including the ability to organize, prioritize and control job responsibilities in order to meet deadlines in an environment with overlapping and potentially conflicting priorities
- Ability to remain flexible and adapt to changing priorities with promptness, efficiency and ease.
- Proficient ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others; conducts working relationships in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization
- Working ability to work under demanding time constraints and production goals
- Proficient ability to positively model the organization’s commitment to integrity, diversity, inclusion, and maintaining a respectful workplace.
- Ability to comprehend and adhere to all Company policies, including those related to scheduling and attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest, and honesty and ethical conduct
OnTrack Staffing is a US-based national staffing service with offices, OnTrack OnSite locations, and Clients throughout the nation.
For more than a decade, OnTrack has delivered cost-effective staffing solutions to both local businesses and Fortune 500 companies. Each member of our team is passionate and engaged. At the heart of every service we offer to clients and job seekers is a commitment: “Always provide the highest level of service.” You are our priority, and we want you to succeed.
OnTrack Staffing Professional Divison
Why Work Here?OnTrack Staffing – Since 2006 Passion. Pride. People. OnTrack Staffing is a US-based national staffing service with offices, OnTrack OnSite locations, and Clients throughout the nation. For more than a decade, OnTrack has delivered cost-effective staffing solutions to both local businesses and Fortune 500 companies. Each member of our team is passionate and engaged. At the heart of every service we offer to clients and job seekers is a commitment: “Always provide the highest level of service.” You are our priority, and we want you to succeed.
Company Offers Great Benefits! Upbeat work environment with your own work space!