Owners Rep Project Manager
WE ARE OnQGlobal and we hire GREAT PEOPLE who do GREAT WORK for GREAT CLIENTS!
OUR TEAM members are consummate professionals who are well respected by our Fortune 100 clients in the semiconductor/cleanroom, manufacturing, and mission-critical data center industries. OUR MISSION is to DO the very best for our clients and customers with integrity, professionalism, and altruism allowing them to BE the very best in their business GLOBALLY.
In order to make the future happen and inspire others to do the same, we need the most talented Owner's Rep Project Managers with a proven track record. Are you one of them? If so, we want to talk to you!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Owner's Rep (OR) will act on behalf of Owner to become a virtual extension of the Owner's Project Team and will establish an immediate and close relationship with the Owner to gain a complete understanding of the Owner's Project requirements, goals and constraints, and general business objectives.
- Bring "best practice" and innovative experience to this Project that will facilitate the delivery of efficiencies in terms of design, construction, and operational transition process.
- Comply with the Owner's standards for quality, optimal cost structure, and on-time delivery, and implement these standards into the overall framework of the Project.
- Act as an extension of Owner's organization to assist in maintaining project level schedule and cost controls and reporting in line with Owner's requirements. OR is expected to help enforce policy, gather information, and troubleshoot in the field.
OVERALL PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- Participate in executive level briefings and decision making processes with respect to the Project in supporting Owner's internal Project Management team.
- Review and validate Owner's needs and business requirements for the Project, including functional requirements, environmental standards, levels of quality, commissioning process, and business needs in order to protect Owner's interests throughout the course of the project .
- Acquire a thorough understanding of and assist in establishing Owner's requirements for the Project relating to budget, program, and schedule.
- Review and provide timely comment to Owner regarding the Design teams program for the preparation of drawings, specifications, schedules, and all other design and cost information. At all times, OR will act to align and balance design deliverables and construction requirements.
- Provide and (where appropriate) ensure that the Documents make provision for all necessary information required by the local Planning/Building Dept. /Fire Dept. etc and, while not responsible for obtaining permits, act as a partner with Owner and General Contractor in obtaining permits.
- Advise on, and issue appropriate notices on behalf of Owner to the relevant parties in relation to procedures and other practical matters arising under the Project Agreements. Project Agreements are defined as any and all agreements relating to or affecting the Project or the completed Project, or any part which have been or may be entered into by Owner and disclosed to OR whether before, on, or after the date of this Agreement.
- Risk Mitigation Strategies - OR will continually evaluate the progress of the work and identify potential risks to the project, including risks to quality, budget, and schedule. OR will work with the Owner to determine which mitigation measures are recommended and implement those corrective actions. OR will maintain Risk Log in Owner defined tool and host quarterly Risk Management worksessions.
- Create and maintain at all times, for purpose of daily active management of project delivery, three key tools:
- Action Item Log, for purposes of tracking the key actions and associated "what", "when", and "who" required to maintain the project progression.
- Milestone Management Log, for purposes of extracting key milestones from Project level P6 file in order to focus team on the right course for project delivery at all times.
- Procurement Log for purposes of tracking all major goods and services purchases and associated progress in delivery of those Owner provided items.
- Facilitate the review of all Project activities at agreed to intervals (via formal gate reviews with key stakeholders) to verify the Project requirements of scope, budget, and schedule are maintained during the design phase.
- Establish a working relationship with the architects, engineers, consultants and contractors, and provide them with (and maintain through the course of the project) an overview of the Owner's needs, goals, requirements, restraints, schedule, budget, design philosophy, and any special characteristics associated with the Project.
- Coordinate with the Owner on the type of trade procurement procedures which will be the most effective with consideration for schedule, cost, and financing requirements.
- Work with the Owner and Project Team to consider options and make decisions related to the phased growth into the facility (e.g. MEP Equipment, expansion of raised floor area, building expansion, etc.) over time as the Owner grows into the facility.
- Work to make sure that a progressive and constant safety culture is part of the field execution process. To serve this function, OR will be responsible for making sure GC and other key trades are promoting a behavioral based safety plan and actively administering, managing, and auditing in the field.
- Review the Construction Manager's Project schedule to verify it is inclusive of actual material lead times and delivery schedules, and advise the Owner of compliance with overall Project goals and objectives.
- Review all contractor claims with respect to cost and schedule impacts, and make a recommendation, having consulted with the appropriate parties, to the Owner on the acceptability of each claim. OR will negotiate claims and financial settlements as appropriate.
- Work to integrate Owner's operations teams into the project at the right times
Standing Up the Team:
- Coordinate with the Owner's procurement policies to establish a timeline for the procurement of all remaining consultants, contractors and vendors necessary to execute the Project. These efforts could include (Commissioning Agent, CM/GC, Independent Testing & Inspections, and Independent Financial Audit)
- Work to make sure that Owner's contract principles and requirements are incorporated into Owner prime and second-tier contracts.
- Assist Owner's internal document management and technical writing team in making sure their requirements and needs are well-defined and detailed in the contracting process. For clarity, this is not an expectation for OR to act as Document Control Coordinator (DCC) but rather, assists Owner's DCC as an agent in the field when needed to help facilitate process or troubleshoot issues.
- Define the process and expectations of bid leveling process for subcontractor selection to the GC and enforce and audit that process.
- Conduct a complete and thorough proposal evaluation and make recommendation to Owner for key trade awards.
- Assist Owner in the preparation of special conditions and general conditions for the Project with specific emphasis including construction phasing and construction sequencing, as well as balance of services between GC and trades.
- Conduct oversee the GC in an assessment of the local construction marketplace to determine capabilities, capacity and overall skill required to deliver a project of this scope and complexity.
- Conduct a monthly call with the executives or principals from all of the key partners to address any open items, concerns or issues during the execution of the Project.
- Support maintenance of the Project Budget, inclusive of all contract and payment status log for all contracts held directly by the Owner, with the Owner' project controls team, both regionally and at a corporate level. This includes reconciliation of the capital budget at the completion of the Project. The intent is that the OR acts a facilitator to transfer field level information from various project teams to the centralized project service group.
- Coordinate with Owner's project control team to facilitate process and data transfer between central services group and the field. For clarity, this is not an expectation for the OR to be a cost controller on the job but rather to audit processes in place between the Owner and GC and troubleshoot issues in accuracy or process as an agent for the Owner.
- Support implementation by the GC of Owner's defined schedule tools including integrated P6 schedule format, identifying critical tasks, dependencies, and durations for all major activities within the Project schedule. They will audit to insure it follows proper Owner schedule requirements and resource/unit loading. The intent is that the OR acts a facilitator to transfer field level information from various project teams to the centralized project service group in support of their defined process.
- Study alternative schedules and concurrent activities between projects, and identify opportunities for Owner to improve delivery
- Incorporate all key milestones in the sourcing of all Project Team members, and include their commitment to those milestones during the sourcing of their respective services and work to insure that all stakeholders are guided by the schedule as opposed to acting as constraints to achieving the schedule.
- Consolidate consultant and contract schedules and evaluate progress such that agreed upon Project Milestones are maintained.
- Provide bi-monthly Management Reporting in a format acceptable to the Owner that includes up-to-date information.
- Coordinate and co-chair with GC, Project kickoff meeting at start of construction including review of all construction administration process and procedures and creation of documentation for the same.
- Report on matters requiring decision by the Owner regarding the design, specifications, costs, schedule, or program. OR will review these issues with the Owner and make recommendations on critical decisions supported with analysis and data.
- Attend meetings with the Owner, other consultants, and the Construction Manager as needed to keep the project on track.
- Facilitate discussions to identify site specific impacts to the Master Schedule or Conceptual Budget.
- Coordinate with Owner's Design Manager on the issuance of design documents for review at agreed to intervals (BOD, SDs, DDs, and CDs) to verify the Project requirements of scope, budget, and schedule are maintained during the design phase and align issuances with construction needs.
- Assist the Owner and Architect / Engineer in reviewing the requirements of building codes and other Agencies Having Jurisdiction ("AHJs") advice on the cost impact of these requirements, and suggest possible alternates
- Review design progress throughout the preconstruction phase for conformance with Owner's requirements within the scope of the agreement and recommend economies consistent with these requirements and sound construction practice.
- Advise the architect and Owner during the preparation of the drawings for conformance to Owner's requirements and advise further with respect to availability and price of the materials; merits of alternative systems; appropriateness of details; extent of off-site prefabrication, constructability review in the context of work site, review and make recommendation on sequencing logistics, etc.
- Monitor the GC in the solicitation of independent trade-by-trade cost estimates based on the plans and update this estimate at the conclusion of the Schematic Design (30%), Design Development (60%) and Construction documents (100%) phases utilizing the contractor(s) for the Project.
- Review the bid documents prepared by the architect and engineer and bring any apparent discrepancies or omissions to their attention prior to issuance for construction.
- Means and Methods Input. OR will work with Project Team (including Construction Manager, Owner, and design entities) in the development of site access plans, choice of materials, selection of contracting methodology, sequence of work, and rules and regulations as it relates to tactical and strategic Project decisions.
- Maintain Owner's on site documentation, when needed, in a secure environment.
- Help lead weekly progress meetings with the design team, GC/CM, and Owner. Minutes taken by the GC/CM will be reviewed to document all open issues and decisions made.
- Review all meeting minutes and make corrections for the project record.
- OR has as a Project goal to avoid compensated Project delay not occasioned by Owner direct changes and will work to identify and mitigate such circumstances.
- Act as on-site point of contact for Owner's Project stakeholders and inform Owner on a continuous and ongoing basis as to the budget, schedule and quality implications of Owner's ongoing activities and decisions during the Project.
- Help facilitate onsite coordination of activities and interaction of all Project Team members. For clarity, this is not to say OR is responsible for coordination of all team interaction, but rather, when issues of collaboration or communication arise, will help to facilitate reasonable solutions and outcomes.
- Review the schedule, construction procedures, and staging operations submitted by the contractor and advise Owner thereon.
- Responsible for the regular onsite monitoring of the construction process with regard to the schedules and procedures established and assist and make recommendations for maintaining and improving construction progress. OR will conduct regulated meetings with construction manager, engineer, architect and Owner to review progress and address any issues that may arise.
- OR will, on behalf of Owner, make its best efforts to moderate and facilitate resolutions of problems and issues which arise regarding work on the Project site.
- Monitor the contractor's systems for controlling the progress of the works and monitor the program with the intent that the works will be completed within the time stipulated in the Project specifications. Specific attention will be expected to the transition of information and strategy from the site offices to the field.
OnQGlobal IncAshburn, VA
ConstructionView All OnQGlobal Inc Jobs
Get fresh Owners Rep Project Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.