Columbine Family Practice (a member of the OnPoint Medical Group network) is looking for a Practice Manager to join the team.
To effectively lead OnPoint Medical Group administrative and practice operations and be accountable for the effectiveness and efficiency of these operations through continuous improvement of processes, outcomes and personnel. To provide high quality patient care and a safe environment for patients and all personnel. This will be achieved by serving as the overall practice manager, by working with, training and mentoring personnel, and by working with the administrative team in the development of objectives for the achievement of the company’s business plan, mission, goals, and strategic values.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING
The following statements are illustrative of the essential duties of the job and do not include other nonessential or peripheral duties that may be required. We retain the right to modify or change the essential and additional functions of the job at any time.
1. Process Review and Improvement: Responsibility for assessing all administrative and practice processes and generating ideas and solutions for improvement for the practice on a continual basis. Work independently and/or engage other management in the development and implementation of new policies and procedures as needed. Maintain a policies and procedures manual at each practice as well as on the employee portal through the OMG website. Advise practice about current trends, problems and medical activities to facilitate policy making. Review existing protocols, policies, and procedures, annually, and make updates needed. Ensures practice compliance with all regulatory agencies governing healthcare delivery and the rules of accrediting bodies. Continually monitors operations, programs, physical properties and initiates appropriate changes which are in line with OSHA and universal precautions. Ensure the practice follows established policies and procedures. Provide feedback and/or discipline to those who do not follow policy.
2. Site Visits (if multiple sites) Visit all practices regularly to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of the practice operations and provide support and feedback. Visits should be at a minimum of one per week. A list of visits, notes, action items, and follow up items should be maintained for tracking purposes and performance measures for each individual practice site.
3. Communication: Communicate appropriate information effectively, timely, and professionally with all employees on all levels. Coordinate staff meetings at each site at least once a month to communicate identified issues and concerns in a constructive manner and participate in solutions. Communicate effectively with all staff any new policies or items of interest that directly affect their ability to care for patients. This should be done in conjunction with the other corporate department managers to ensure consistency. Communicate elevated problems/concerns daily with physician owners. Act as a liaison between providers and staff and maintain open lines of communication. Investigate patient complaints and report to physicians as necessary. Escalate when required or provide ongoing training and support for employees for the purpose of improvement. Participate in management meetings led by Leadership Team and contribute effectively to areas of direct responsibility. Attend co-practice staff meetings, at least two per practice annually.
4. Staffing: Work with personnel to develop staffing and schedules at each location utilizing paper calendars as well as athenahealth. Assist with the creation of monthly schedules applying creative staffing techniques and incorporating patient volumes with practice coverage needs. This should be monitored on an ongoing basis for optimal staffing and to avoid mass lay-offs and excessive payroll expense. Function as a team member when staff numbers are down and as needed to promote patient flow in practice(s). Cover front office shifts when employees are unable to do so. Monitor patient flow through practice in conjunction with staff. Coordinate with human resources recruiting needs and assist with the interview, selection, and coordinate hiring of new personnel with practice managers to meet practice needs. Oversees efforts for recruitment, on-boarding, development, and performance evaluation of employees.
5. Business / Financial Responsibility: Oversees the business and financial affairs of the practice and fiscal management in conjunction with the practice accounting department. Enhances operational effectiveness, emphasizing cost containment without jeopardizing important innovation of quality of care. Establishes an audit process to monitor co-pays and patient visits.Monitor and report on supply usage to ensure optimal practices are in established.
6. Patient / Payer / Health Organization Liaison: Manages patient complaints effectively with a balance of excellent customer service and a financially prudent resolution.Serves as liaison and channel of communication between the hospitals and regulatory bodies.
7. Management Responsibilities: Manages employees reporting directly to the position, providing leadership, motivation, development, and discipline in order to promote quality performance and achievement of financial and quality objectives. Quality and knowledgeable employees with a positive attitude are hired in a non-discriminatory manner.Performance and merit reviews are completed in accordance with company policy. Performance improvement action plans are established for all employees who need additional training which are compliant with management philosophy. Resolves any medical-administrative problems and keeps lines of communication with staff to ensure high employee morale and a professional, healthful practice atmosphere. Enter, modify, fix, and submit employee time sheets every other week for payroll for staff and providers. Monitor overtime and time off requests to achieve financial goals and minimize excess and waste. Work and coordinate with Human Resources, Director of Practice Management, and Director of Patient Experience on personnel items such as training, behavior modification, write ups, payroll, FMLA, and other issues as they present.
8. Professional Development: Maintains professional affiliations and enhances professional development to keep current in the latest health care trends and developments.Attend pre-approved identified conferences as it relates to the specific specialty for your practice.
9. Meetings: Coordinate, attend, and convey meeting content to essential personnel regularly. Monthly or Bi-Monthly physician management meetings. Monthly management/practice meetings. Monthly production report meetings. Others as assigned / identified
10. Facilities Management and Purchasing: Responsible for managing the overall facilities management and purchasing activities of the practice. Contact for all IT and phone needs. Contact for all facility repairs and cleanliness needs/issues. Contact for all supplies to include: medical, office, vaccinations, and capital expenses.
11. Marketing & Public Relations: Attend identified marketing/public relations functions and coordinate special projects as delegated by OnPoint Medical Group administration. Coordinate staffing, as appropriate. Demonstrate a positive attitude and provide positive PR with the public at these functions.
12. Follows all OSHA standards, policies and procedures
13. Follows all HIPAA standards, policies and procedures
14. Performs duties to achieve or exceed established service standards.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required for this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Maintain licensure and/or certification per state guidelines.
• B.A. or B.S. in Healthcare or Business Administration.
• 2-5 years managerial/supervisory experience with progressive responsibility.
• Must demonstrate knowledge of the rationale of appropriate patient care.
• Demonstrate the ability to maintain good inter-personal relationships with co-workers and health team members.
• Communicates through appropriate channels.
• Master’s degree preferred.
• Healthcare administration
• Athenahealth practice management system
CUSTOMER SERVICE EXCELLENCE
• Provide customer service in accordance with OnPoint Medical Group standards and expectations
• Demonstrate ability to be courteous and respectful when interacting with patients and family members
• Maintain patient confidentiality in accordance to policy and procedure and HIPAA requirements
• Enact proper chain of command for patient complaints
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, patients, and the general public
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
• Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
APTITUDES AND TEMPERAMENTS
• Must have a high level of energy with the ability to adjust to any justifiable pace.
• Make decisions based more on fact than feeling
• Exhibit behavior which emphasizes compassion, quality, loyalty and conscientiousness
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, their families and staff members
Practice Front and Back Office Personnel
JOB ELEMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
• Occasionally required to walk; sit; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• Frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 25 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
OnPoint Medical Group is an EEO Employer. If you need reasonable accommodation to complete an application pleas contact human resources at email@example.com or 720-370-3327.