OnPoint Urgent Care is looking for an EMT or Paramedic to join the team!
Paramedic/ Emergency Medical Technicians (EMT)
Immediate Supervisor Title: Clinic Manager, Assistant Clinic Manager
Job Supervisory Responsibilities: Orient and train newly hired techs.
General Summary: Responsible for providing patient care including all medical assistant duties. These duties include, but are not limited to, assisting the provider with exams, procedures and other processes related to direct patient care and performing phlebotomy, injections, ear lavage, EKG, medication administration, triage, vitals, splinting, casting, urine drug testing and strep testing.
1. Obtain patient chief complaint and vital signs prior to them being seen by a provider.
2. Maintain accurate, detailed reports and records and documenting such in electronic medical record.
3. Prepare rooms, sterile instruments, equipment and supplies, and ensure that stock of supplies in patient care areas is maintained.
4. Prepare patients for, and assist with, examinations, procedures, and treatments.
5. Protect patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
6. Maintain patient confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
7. Perform lab test, EKGs, and other functions as directed by the nurse or provider on duty.
8. Orient and train incoming techs on patient care duties.
9. Maintain organization and cleanliness of the entire center.
10. Responsible for making sure all rooms are stocked and clean
11. Adhere to administrative policies and procedures.
12. Maintain daily quality control functions including drug counts, lab testing and equipment.
13. Attend all staff and any other meetings required by your managers.
Example of Day-to-Day Responsibilities (accomplishes directly or through delegation)
1. Orient, and train new clinical support staff.
2. Contact the Clinic Manager or Assistant Clinic Manager for inoperable medical equipment.
3. Ensure customer flow and satisfaction is optimized.
4. Assure rooms are clean and all office systems are functioning properly.
Education: Paramedic or Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification.
Experience: Minimum of 1 year experience in similar job function.
Other Requirements: BLS certification is mandatory. ACLS and PALS highly recommended.
1. Knowledge of office policies and procedures, and to complete clinical responsibilities.
2. Knowledge of the principles and practices pertaining to paramedics/EMTs.
1. Skill in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgment, and discretion.
2. Skill in analyzing situations accurately and taking effective action.
3. Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
4. Skill in organizing work, delegating and achieving goals and objectives.
5. Skill in exercising judgment and discretion in interpreting and implementing departmental policies and procedures.
1. Ability to plan, organize, and integrate priorities and deadlines.
2. Ability to identify, analyze, and resolve operational problems.
3. Ability to evaluate and make recommendations for continuous quality improvement.
4. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively orally and in writing.
Equipment Operated: Standard office equipment including computers, fax machines, copiers, printers and telephones. Basic clinical equipment such as the I-Stat and Piccolo, oxygen tanks, EKG machine and nebulizer equipment.
Work Environment: Position is in a well-lighted clinical environment. Evening and weekend work will be necessary as required to facilitate uninterrupted operations of the practice.
Mental/Physical Requirements: Involves sitting approximately 20 percent of the day, walking or standing the remainder.
OnPoint Medical Group is an EEO Employer. If you need reasonable accommodation to complete the application please contact human resources at 720-370-3327 or email@example.com.