Pharmaceutical Industry Analyst
OnPoint Analytics, Inc. Emeryville, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
OnPoint is currently recruiting a full-time Pharmaceutical Industry Analyst for immediate hire. This individual will play an important role in our pharmaceutical and healthcare practice. The successful applicant must have 1) strong knowledge of the U.S. pharmaceutical industry, including major participants, industry structure, regulatory system, news and information sources; 2) extensive experience working with key pharmaceutical industry data sources; and 3) proficiency in statistical and data programming. The work is challenging, fun, and important. It is a team effort and we need someone who enjoys working with others and being a team player, while exercising intellectual independence and initiative. Although we are located in the San Francisco Bay Area, this position may not require relocation, but it does require unrelenting engagement and ongoing communication (including but not limited to the Pacific time zone).
Base salary is competitive and there is significant bonus potential. Our robust benefits package currently includes, but is not limited to, medical and dental benefits, retirement savings account contributions (SIMPLE IRA), life and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending account.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Pharmaceutical industry research including tracking important trends and breaking news
- Defining data needs and obtaining appropriate data from government, commercial and academic sources
- Data cleaning, transformation and management
- Statistical analysis (STATA or SAS preferred)
- Creating graphical presentations
- Drafting of memos and contributions to expert witness reports designed for non-technical audiences (judges and juries)
- Masters Degree in Public Health, Economics, Statistics or similar field
- Industry experience! (prior employment in a data analytics role within healthcare, pharmaceutical or life science industry preferred)
- Familiarity with Pharmacy (NCPDP) and claims data standards and layouts, pricing matrixes and reimbursement terms
- Familiarity with standard industry-specific metrics pertaining to pharmaceutical approvals, marketing and sales
- Advanced skills in Excel, including graphing, pivot table, and lookup functions
- Proficiency with STATA or SAS
- Familiarity with HIPAA regulations
- Strong written and oral communication skills—must write clearly
- Extreme attention to detail and the ability to develop answers to difficult questions using sometimes limited information
- Comfort working under tight deadlines—high energy level and a good sense of humor are important
OnPoint Analytics, Inc.Why Work Here?
A great staff and great work environment!
Located in Emeryville, California, OnPoint Analytics, Inc. (http://www.onpointanalytics.com), provides economic, financial, and statistical consulting services to parties involved in high-stakes, commercial litigation. We specialize in cases involving antitrust issues, intellectual property, pharmaceuticals, complex financial structures, securities and derivatives, natural resources, forensic accounting, and the environment. Our practices cover a broad range of industries, including financial services, securities, healthcare, pharmaceuticals, insurance, agriculture and food, consumer electronics, high-tech manufacturing, heavy industry, energy, mining, construction, water, and retail.
2000 Powell StreetEmeryville, CA