Systems Administrator (TS/SCI clearance required/RHEL certified)
- Posted: over a month ago
The Systems Administrator (SA) plans, implements, oversees, and maintains server and infrastructures in support of mission systems. The Systems Administrator designs, installs, and configures internal and customer facing servers, network devices and firewalls, proactively managing and maintaining server, and firewall systems. This position will administer and support core IBM AIX and Red Hat technologies. This position interacts with customers and staff at the technical level, as required and provides insight and recommendations as well as subject matter expertise on servers and systems including performance, reliability, and security. In addition to expertise in systems and server administration, this position requires knowledge of networking, network administration, LAN/WAN architectures, Group policy design and configuration, and administration of secure networks. Develop, maintain, and make recommendations for preventive maintenance and Preventive Maintenance Inspections (PMIs) of all assigned equipment. Perform PMI tasks in accordance with the established PMIs.
· Develop and implement plans for task execution, risk assessments and contingency plans.
· Develop an annual System Software Maintenance Plan.
· Maintain software, database, and system files; perform software installation, system reconfiguration, preventive, and corrective maintenance, and maintain associated documentation.
· Implement and maintain an annual Mission System Software Maintenance Plan.
· Design and implement monitoring, configuration management and reporting functions.
· Provide support and administration of user accounts.
· Define and document best practices and support procedures.
· Provide after-hours support for Infrastructure related emergencies as well occasional weekend maintenance.
· Maintain inventory and asset configuration documentation.
· Assist with hardware, firewall, telecom and software vendor evaluation and recommendations.
· Group Policy design and configuration
· CLEARANCE: TS/SCI
· Associates Degree or equivalent experience
· 7+ years of experience in systems administration work
· Must have knowledge of information security/authorization profiles, and system administration of Unix and AIX systems.
· Must be experienced in operating IBM supercomputers running the Advanced Interactive eXecutive (AIX) Administrator with Distributed Computing Environment (DCE)
Must hold the following certifications:
· DoD 8570 IAT II Certification
· Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)
· Associate AIX 7 Administrator certification
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?