Pole Setting Operator - Sign On Bonus
On Target Utility Services Portland, ME
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
To apply, simply TEXT ONTARGET to 25000 and our virtual assistant Olivia will get you connected with our hiring team today!
$5000 Sign On Bonus!
(1st half paid out on 90 day anniversary, 2nd half paid out on 1 year anniversary)
Pole Setting Operator
Is it time to elevate your career with a company dedicated to being the best in the industry; who values integrity, dedication, and hard work? If so, On Target wants you to join their ranks! We offer competitive pay, a generous benefits package and opportunities for advancement.
At On Target, we are a fast-growing company that provides a variety of utility services such as power line, telecommunications, metering and smart grid services throughout the Northeast. Relocation assistance is available.
You will have travel required throughout New England in the Northeast region frequently.
Starting pay for this position is up to $29/hour, DOE.
Why You'll Love Working for Us (Our Benefits):
- 100% Paid Training - We're invested in you, starting on your first day
- Advancement opportunities – We promote from within the company
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- PTO and paid holidays
- A 401(k) with company match
Your Responsibilities as a Pole Setting Operator:
You will be responsible for the safe operation of one of our digger trucks. You'll operate equipment such as pole setting trucks and line related equipment in accordance with all company safety policies. In this position, you'll be working around energized lines and equipment, preparing records and reports, and interpret work from sketches and diagrams.
- Ability to operate the following equipment safely and effectively:
- Pole setting trucks
- Line related equipment
- Performs work safely and in accordance with the company’s safety rules and instructions.
- Thoroughly familiar with Company Environmental policy and follow such
- Safely works around energized lines and equipment in accordance with Company construction, maintenance and safety standards.
- Reads, interprets, and works from ordinary sketches and diagrams.
- Prepares records and reports as required, which include time and material reports.
- Will be required to work overtime when assigned
- Works with the public, customers and fellow employees in a courteous, professional and helpful manner
What We Need From You (Our Requirements):
- Must be a high school graduate or equivalent.
- Must possess DOT class A license, or obtain within the 3 three months of employment.
- Strong interpersonal skills: Heavy client interaction requires professional conduct with focus on the customer
- Strong organizational skills: Attention to detail and accuracy
- Must be deadline driven and possess ability to work as required to meet client's needs
- Clean driving record required
- Experienced in digging around underground and overhead utilities
- Construction horizontal and vertical layout knowledge required
- Ability to direct ground labor workforce
- Practical rigging knowledge for hoisting and pulling applications
- Willingness to travel when required
- Ability to operate independently while still supporting “team” environment
- Lifts heavy materials and equipment weighing up to 100 lbs. occasionally and frequently lifts and/or carries objects weighing up to 50 lbs
- Works outside in all types of weather conditions
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
On Target Utility Services
ManufacturingView all jobs at On Target Utility Services