Do you like to move fast?
Do you take pride in your work?
Are you a self-starter and goal-oriented?
Do you like a collaborative and innovative culture?
If you answered “yes” to all of these questions, WE WANT YOU!
We’re one of the top mortgage lenders in the US. We Are…MORTGAGES SIMPLIFIED. We have 650+ employees nationwide with over 70 branches! On Q is looking for a unique individual who possesses excellent interpersonal and communication skills, has the ability to work in a fast-paced, high volume environment, has good decision-making skills and has knowledge and experience in the mortgage banking industry! Is this you?
What you’ll do here
- Examines loan documentation for accuracy and completeness, while working with Mortgage Consultant and/or production staff to secure all required documents.
- Reviews and verifies income, employment and credit history of applicant, requesting additional information as needed.
- Scrutinizes accounts from which applicant’s funds originate.
- Reviews property appraisal to see if property valued correctly to warrant the loan amount requested.
- Underwrites and applies needed conditions to mortgage applications to assure borrower meets program/ products specifications.
- Communicates status and decisions (approval, suspense, denial) to the appropriate individuals in accordance with company SLA’s.
What you’ll need
- College graduate with business/finance major preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ recent experience underwriting residential mortgage loans.
- Experience with Encompass a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities:
- Must have thorough understanding of underwriting guidelines and ability to evaluate loan risk.
- Proficiency in underwriting complex personal/business tax returns and financial statements.
- Thorough knowledge of MI policies.
- Strong understanding of various documentation types and loan programs.
- Must have strong analytical skills, including math and auditing.
- Good decision-making skills, backed by relevant details and research.
- Proficiency with Word and Excel or similar software packages.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written, with a focus on good customer service.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high volume environment, while practicing sound lending judgment.
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter, producing results in a timely manner.
- Be a team player.
What we provide
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Voluntary Life, AD&D, LTD & STD
- Work-life balance
We live and breathe our core values: Support, Collaboration, Innovation, Fast-Paced & Pride! Our success over the past decade is largely due to our vision to hire the BEST people in the industry. Is that you? If so, JOIN OUR TEAM!
On Q Financial, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity. We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, non-binary, veterans & individuals with disabilities to apply. Diversity and inclusion are vital to fulfilling our Mission to simplify the mortgage process to make the dream of home ownership a reality—for everyone.
Our Multicultural platforms are disrupting the industry which is only made possible by our diverse, unique, and inclusive family. THE DREAM IS INCLUSIVE!
On Q Financial