A fast paced, multi-state, growing Mortgage Company, headquartered in Tempe, AZ, is seeking a highly skilled and energetic Senior Accountant! Candidate should be looking for a challenge and eager to learn and grow. Senior Accountant will be highly relied upon and work directly with the CFO and other key Management and Personnel. Qualities and skills of the selected applicant will include very strong accounting knowledge, system and process modernization, innovative problem solving and professional assertiveness. This is an exciting career opportunity for someone who really wants to make a difference, who is an agent for change, and never wants to have a boring day at the office! Individuals who take shortcuts or who don’t like to roll up their sleeves, should not apply.
OVERVIEW OF WHAT YOU'LL DO HERE:
- Review details of General Ledger accounts to ensure accuracy, completeness, reliability and relevance of transaction details, balances and allocations; Demonstrates keen awareness of GL Accounts, what they represent; Will assist with maintaining proper account balances and classifications in accordance with GAAP and Industry standards;
- Frequently review On Q’s software database profiles and data outputs to ensure integrity in cost centers, Employee IDs, formats, and any relationships that impact the accuracy of data flow, recordings, and reconciliations;
- Review and monitor accounting records to ensure alignment with all Company and department policies and Best Practices; Alert CFO to any areas of deficiency; Periodically assess internal controls, report on areas of risk, assist with design and implementation of improved controls;
- Liaise with other Senior team members to support continuous improvement and create economies of scale;
- Assist and/or often lead comprehensive implementation of new or changing accounting policies and procedures as necessary to support Company and department initiatives; Assist and/or lead task and process automation initiatives; Assist with software conversion needs as they arise;
- Periodically review, analyze and report on Vendor Spend;
- Prepare and Post Month End Mark-to-Market accrual, and subsequently reconcile estimates to realized revenues;
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required, Master’s Degree preferred, CPA or CPA Candidate preferred
- Minimum three years’ experience in General Ledger Accounting and Month End Close
- Accounting software proficiency and experience with software implementation preferred;
- Mortgage industry experience preferred but not required;
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities:
- Attention to Detail and high level of accuracy
- Strong computer knowledge needed, especially Microsoft Excel. Ability to learn new systems and processes.
- Must be customer service and business relationship driven;
- Must have excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task, prioritize tasks properly and meet deadlines without sacrificing accuracy.
- Strong communication skills required, both verbally and written. Able to maintain poise in stressful situations;
- See challenges as opportunities to improve both Self and the organization
- Self-Starter who continuously seeks ways to add value
- Embraces On Q’s core values of innovation, collaboration, moving fast and simplifying
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Voluntary Life, AD&D, LTD & STD
- Company-Sponsored Life, AD&D and LTD
- PTO & Paid Observed Holidays
- Company-Sponsored Wellness Program
- Headquarters Fitness Center
- Free Monthly Lunches
- WORK-LIFE BALANCE
We live and breathe our core values: Support, Collaboration, Innovation, Fast-Paced & Pride! Our success over the past decade is largely due to our vision to hire the BEST people in the industry. Is that you? If so, JOIN OUR TEAM!
On Q Financial, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity. We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, non-binary, veterans & individuals with disabilities to apply. Diversity and inclusion are vital to fulfilling our Mission to simplify the mortgage process to make the dream of home ownership a reality—for everyone.
Our Multicultural platforms are disrupting the industry which is only made possible by our diverse, unique, and inclusive family. THE DREAM IS INCLUSIVE!