Java Developers (Server-Backend)
What’s in it for you?
- You’ll participate in Architecture discussions, be part of the messaging on the work planned and breaking down the work so the squad can deliver in a team oriented culture.
- You’ll be expected to support the Development Manager, leading by example within the squad, ensuring the squad books meetings, facilitating to break barriers.
- You’ll be expected to keep up to date with best practices and help mentor the squad to embrace better ways of making software.
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking company surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers.
- A great opportunity to leave your "stamp" as we are undergoing expansion and transformation plans.
- A rewarding career path with diverse opportunities for professional development.
- Internal development to support your growth and enhance your skills.
- An organization committed to making a difference in our communities– for you and our customers.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- Competitive compensation and profit sharing plan
- Comprehensive benefits package
- State-of-the-art infrastructure
- Flexible work schedules & collaborative work-space
- Career development
- Various social events and team activities
We Need you to:
- Facilitate the design discussions for the features your Agile squad undertakes
- Keep your team’s technical architecture documentation up to date and are able to quickly generate any integration architectures into your system
- Develop quality software on a 3-tier web application that is transitioning to a scalable cloud solution focusing on Java Spring Boot microservice and Cloud Native development.
- Driving cross-team projects requiring collaboration
- Provide mentorship to the other developers on your team through your development, code reviews, and having them lead design, documentation, and other initiatives as appropriate
- Able to quickly learn and master new technologies
- Drive operational excellence by identifying and eliminating persistent root causes for problems that affect your customers and team
- Represent your team when working with Team Leads, CloudOps, Product, Design, and all other external stakeholders
- Own features from design through to implementation
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years web and enterprise development experience
- Passion for designing new features
- Passion for software and continuous learning
- Good communication skills.
- Strong OOP skills, advocate for code quality, Design Patterns and SOLID principles
- Agile Experience
Nice to haves:
- Server development experience (REST API, Java, Spring Cloud, Spring Boot)
- Database experience (SQL, NoSQL)
- Front-end development experience (Angular, Typescript)
- Single-Page Application experience
- Experience working with and maintaining large code bases
- Experience working with and maintaining microservices
- Knowledge of accounting and auditing concepts