- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
On Lok PACE
We are a non-profit committed to our participants.
Dedicated to The Care of Elders:
PACE (Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) was developed to answer the many problems around caring for frail seniors. The PACE model is centered on the belief that it is better for the well-being of seniors with chronic care needs and their families to be served in their community whenever possible.
Seniors, their family members, and caregivers face many issues, including transportation to appointments, management of medications, coordination of medical care from different specialists, lack of social interaction, and ability to stay alone at home. On Lok PACE participants receive in home care services and transportation to a On Lok PACE center for primary medical care, social and recreational activities, and other senior care services.
We understand the importance of a system that works together. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career!
POSITION SUMMARY: The Security Officer is a uniform position that is responsible for maintaining a safe and secure environment for participants and employees by enforcing security policies and procedures. Under the direction of the Security Supervisor, the Security Officer will be posted at the Front Desk monitoring, visitors, staff, participants, and unauthorized people trying to enter the building. When not posted at the Front Desk he/she will patrol the inside and outside of the center in order to check for possible intruders or potential security issues. The Security Officer performs services to assure the safety and protection of On Lok property and personnel.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act lawfully in direct defense of life or property per policy and procedure.
- Inspects all areas for safety and fire hazard; and file reports on safety precautions.
- Monitor alarm systems, and closed circuit cameras.
- Observe for signs of crime or disorder and investigate disturbances.
- Conducts security patrols of building perimeter and investigates suspicious activity.
- Take accurate notes of unusual occurrences.
- Report and Evaluate incidents and determine course of action.
- Interact with law enforcement if needed.
- Report and track all incidents by recording observation, information, occurrence, and surveillance activities, and interviewing witnesses.
- Assist with Access Controls: Point of entry controls systems.
QUALIFICATIONS (knowledge, skills, abilities):
- Minimum three years of security experience, college degree preferred.
- Valid BSIS Security Guard Card with 40 hours of training certificate.
- Training or experience in security customer services in a health environment.
- Knowledge of generally accepted safety/security protocol and procedures.
- Ability to work within the framework of a multidisciplinary team.
- Flexibility, creativity, assertiveness, ability to communicate and get along with a diverse group of employees.
- Able to multitask and must possess strong organization, verbal and written communication skills.
- Skilled in using Microsoft Office and database access systems.
- Ability to write complete, detailed and accurate reports.
- Must be able to be on-call and work overtime.
- Must be able to travel to various work-site locations on demand.
On Lok's Employee Benefits include (eligible for any regular position for 20 hr/wk or more):
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Retirement Savings Plan 403(b) and Term Life/AD&D Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account, Commuter Checks, MLA scholarships, Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Pet Insurance and additional discounts
- Holidays (10 per year), vacation time, sick leave, and long-term disability insurance
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and state and federal laws (including federal PACE requirements at 42 CFR 460.64(a); 460.68(a), we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
On Lok is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy), race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, age, military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
If you require reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions and/or to receive other terms, privileges or benefits of employment please contact Recruitment (email@example.com).
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
AddressSan Francisco, CA
Real EstateView all jobs at On Lok