Registered Dental Hygienist in Advanced Practice
On Lok Fremont, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
On Lok PACE
We are a non-profit committed to our participants.
Dedicated to The Care of Elders:
PACE (Program ofAll-InclusiveCare for theElderly) was developed to answer the many problems around caring for frail seniors. The PACE model is centered on the belief that it is better for the well-being of seniors with chronic care needs and their families to be served in their community whenever possible.
Seniors, their family members, and caregivers face many issues, including transportation to appointments, management of medications, coordination of medical care from different specialists, lack of social interaction, and ability to stay alone at home. On Lok PACE participants receive in home care services and transportation to a On Lok PACE center for primary medical care, social and recreational activities, and other senior care services.
We understand the importance of a system that works together. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career!
POSITION SUMMARY: With general and clinical supervision provided by the attending On Lok Dentist, the Registered Dental Hygienist in Advanced Practice promotes oral health care and education for older adult participants of On Lok's PACE program.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide all procedures as appropriate to individualized patient needs and within the RDHAP scope of practice, as directed by The California State Dental Board.
- Individualize dental hygiene services by evaluating participant's overall and oral health in collaboration with On Lok Dentists and Interdisciplinary Team.
- Provide information based on participant's needs and abilities to dentist, Primary Care Physician (PCP) and team:
- Individualize oral hygiene and plaque control instructions
- Postoperative instructions
- Establish periodic oral care protocol based on participant oral status.
- Provide preventive and minimally invasive and interim care as appropriate and indicated by patient needs.
- Prepare treatment room for participants by adhering to On Lok's procedures and protocols. Prepare mobile equipment and supplies as needed to travel to off-site locations.
- Participate in completion of sterilization on a daily basis so that all equipment and locations are clean and stocked with instruments for the following day. Maintain instrumentation for dental hygiene treatment:
- Sharpening, sterilizing, and selecting appropriate instruments/equipment.
- Requesting repair or ordering new instrumentation when needed.
- Document dental hygiene services in electronic health record (EHR) system.
- Take radiographs and photographs and appropriately store them as a part of the EHR.
- Maintain participant's confidence by keeping information confidential (HIPPA).
- Protect participants and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols as directed by local, state and Federal guidelines for best practices:
- Maintain safe and clean working environment
- Adhering to Standard/Universal Precautions
- Ensure operation of dental equipment as needed:
- Complete preventive maintenance requirements
- Report troubleshooting or breakdowns
- Inform dentist or dental GA of malfunctions
- Maintain dental hygiene supplies inventory:
- Monitor stock to determine inventory level
- Inform dentist or dental GA of needed supplies
- Maintain periodic On Lok training and licensure renewal
- Infection control
- Dental and medical emergencies
- CPR certification
- Emergency drugs and oxygen supply
- Other training, as required.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge with an emphasis on older adult care:
- Attend educational workshops
- Review professional publications
- Establish personal networks
- Participate in professional societies
QUALIFICATIONS (knowledge, skills, abilities):
- Active Registered Dental Hygienist in Advanced Practice (RDHAP) licensure required
- Experience as Dental Hygienist caring for older adults preferred but not required.
- Outstanding listening and communication skills; ability to communicate openly and clearly with the Dentist and Interdisciplinary care team regarding treatment.
- Must have excellent chair-side manner, and professionally friendly and warm personality.
- In-depth knowledge of health and safety regulations in this profession (e.g. HIPAA).
- Experience in preparing and maintaining dental equipment.
- Strong attention to detail regarding clinical documentation and rigor in clinical practice.
- Comfortable with the use of dental technology.
- Confident in ability to provide individualized health promotion and maintenance
- Creates a safe and effective environment for patient care.
- Demonstrates teamwork, thoroughness, and self-development.
- Demonstrates On Lok's commitment to Healthcare Hospitality and is committed to our core values of compassion, excellence, resourcefulness, and inclusivity.
- Experience and interested in working with culturally and linguistically diverse patients and coworkers.
- This position is exposed to aerosolized contaminants and will be required to always wear protective attire, including but not limited to masks, safety glasses/goggles, face shields, and rubber gloves.
- Potential exposure to diseases and infections from contact with clients.
- Exposure to radiation through use of x-ray equipment.
- Work very near other people and have little space between self and others.
- Are often exposed to loud sounds and distracting noise levels.
- Sometimes must get into awkward positions to reach patients' teeth.
PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- High level of physical stamina for standing, bending, stooping, and sitting.
- Use hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Repeat the same movements.
- Sit for long periods of time.
- Bend or twist body.
- See details of objects that are less than a few feet away.
- Use fingers to grasp, move, or assemble very small objects.
- Hold the arm and hand in one position or hold the hand steady while moving the arm.
- Understand the speech of another person.
- Speak clearly so listeners can understand.
- Use one or two hands to grasp, move, or assemble objects.
- Make quick, precise adjustments to machine controls.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed. They are not considered as an exhaustive list of all job tasks performed. On Lok reserves the right to change job descriptions, work hours or work sites as required by the program.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and state and federal laws (including federal PACE requirements at 42 CFR 460.64(a); 460.68(a), we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
On Lok is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy), race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, age, military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
If you require reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions and/or to receive other terms, privileges or benefits of employment please contact Recruitment (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Job Posted by ApplicantPro