Human Resources Generalist
- Posted: over a month ago
Dedicated to The Care of Elders:
On Lok is a not-for-profit organization founded in the early 1970s by a group of citizens concerned about the plight of elders and the lack of long term options in the community. On Lok serves as the administrative arm of a group of five affiliated non-profit organizations. Its functions include research and development, human resources, fundraising and management information systems.
We understand the importance of a system that works together. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career!
The People team is searching for a new Generalist to join our strong human resource function and help us take On Lok's people services to the next level.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Generalist role performs a variety of Human Resource functions for an assigned client group, provides support for supervisors as they navigate employee relations, and participates in projects to build and improve human resource systems and processes that serve the organization as we grow.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Serve as the primary point of contact for assigned region in the following areas:
a. Process and tracks leaves of absence
b. Administer workers' compensation claims and first aid injuries
c. Assist with various employee questions and/or concerns
d. Off-boarding of employees, including conduct exits and participating with involuntary terminations
e. Conducting prompt, thorough and timely investigations
f. Process ergonomic requests, including working with ergonomic consultant and ensuring completion of request
g. Process EDD unemployment inquiries and work with third party E-Group
h. Partner with managers regarding employee relations, performance evaluations, policies, benefits, workers' compensation, leaves, DMV violations and other human resources issues
i. Mentor/coach manager as appropriate
j. Lead and implement approved results-driven HR initiatives
2. Ambassador for HR department and organization at all times
3. Work collaboratively with various departments and the HR team to achieve desired results
4. Visit client group(s) on a regular basis and as needed for meetings, events, and relationship-building
5. Provide training to employees and leaders as needed and agreed
6. Present at New Hire Orientation as assigned
7. Assist/lead as needed with various HR fairs and events
8. Subject matter expert in assigned area (1) worker's comp/safety; 2) compensation; 3) employee recognition/event
planning; 4) employee relations such as investigations, mediation)
9. Cross-training in other appropriate HR functions
10. All other reasonably related duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS (knowledge, skills, abilities):
1. Five plus years of generalist experience, with strong knowledge on workers' compensation, leaves and employee
2. Bachelor's degree in human resources or business related field or equivalent work experience.
3. Strong collaborating skills and ability to influence individuals at all levels of the organization.
4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
5. Able to maintain confidentiality
6. Ability to lead initiatives while maintaining collaborative work environment
7. Ability to work proactively and cohesively in a dynamic, interdisciplinary team environment.
8. Highly organized with the ability to manage competing priorities and timely deadlines.
9. Willingness and ability to travel to other On Lok facilities.
On Lok's Employee Benefits include (eligible for any position for 20 hr/wk or more):
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Retirement Savings Plan 403(b) and Term Life/AD&D Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account, Commuter Checks, MLA scholarships, Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Pet Insurance and additional discounts
- Holidays (10 per year), vacation time, sick leave, and long-term disability insurance
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and state and federal laws (including federal PACE requirements at 42 CFR 460.64(a); 460.68(a), we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
On Lok is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy), race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, age, military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
If you require reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions and/or to receive other terms, privileges or benefits of employment please contact Recruitment (email@example.com).
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
AddressSan Francisco, CA
BusinessView all jobs at On Lok