Caregiver 3 - Adult Day Program
- Posted: over a month ago
Openhouse + On Lok Community Day Services
On Lok is a not-for-profit organization founded in the early 1970s by a group of citizens concerned about the plight of elders and the lack of long term support options in the community. In 2019, On Lok joined in partnership with Openhouse, a service provider for LGBTQ seniors, to open a visionary adult day program intentionally designed with and for LGBTQ seniors.
Under the direction and supervision of the Adult Day Program Manager (ADPM), the Adult Day Program (ADP) Caregiver 3 provides personal care services to community members participating in the program.
As a nonprofit in health care, On Lok cares deeply about its social mission to serve older adults and LGBTQ older adults as a priority in our partnership with Openhouse. The ADP Caregiver 3 can support this organizational commitment by:
- Demonstrating a commitment to serving the LGBTQ senior community.
- Promoting community members' empowerment and inclusion in the day-to-day program operations.
- Exhibiting an understanding of intersectionality within the LGBTQ senior community.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- May perform duties of a Caregiver 1 and/or Caregiver 2.
- Oversees and manages all onboarding and ongoing training for other CGs (1, 2, 3) using manuals and formal training materials as a guide. Serves as a mentor to all CGs.
- Demonstrates leadership with significant contributions (coordinates assignments for other CGs, active participation in team discussions and care plans as needed).
- Oversees work of others; takes on more complex cases working directly with Interdisciplinary Team and/or licensed professionals.
- Encourages teams to exercise safe practices and utilize proper equipment to complete tasks.
- Prepares space for community members by following prescribed procedures and protocols.
- Performs participant care tasks and documents tasks and observations on the appropriate forms.
- Must uphold and display a flexible and positive attitude working across multiple settings to meet participant and organizational needs.
- Participates actively in departmental meetings and family conferences as required.
- If bi-lingual, translation will be a regular expectation of the role.
- Other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (knowledge, skills, abilities):
- HHA/CNA required; On Lok experience in lieu of certification may be considered.
- Minimum one year of experience working with frail or elderly.
- A specific interest in serving LGBTQ seniors
- Prior work in setting with LGBTQ seniors preferred.
- Ability to work independently and as part of interdisciplinary team.
- Positive can-do attitude, conscientious, compassionate, attentive to detail.
- Ability to work one weekend day (Tuesday Saturday)
- Must have and maintain (or obtain before start) Basic First Aid and CPR certification.
- Must be able to communicate fluently in English (verbal and written).
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Basic computer skills (e.g. email communication, calendar, electronic health record documentation, etc.).
- Additional pre-employment requirements include fingerprinting and LiveScan background check. Must be able obtain and maintain required background and medical clearances, including ongoing LiveScan clearance, a health screening, and annual Tuberculosis (TB) test.
PHYSICAL & MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Physical requirements: Ability to stoop, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, grasp, talk, hear, and repeat motions of the wrist and hands. Must have visual acuity. Must be able to lift/move weight that is within individual physical ability and use appropriate lifting devices or request assistance when needed.
On Lok's Employee Benefits include (eligible for any regular position for 20 hr/wk or more):
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Retirement Savings Plan 403(b) and Term Life/AD&D Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account, Commuter Checks, MLA scholarships, Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Pet Insurance and additional discounts
- Holidays (10 per year), vacation time, sick leave, and long-term disability insurance
Your final compensation offer will be determined based on factors such as skills, experience, education, and licenses/certifications. The pay range is expressed as an hourly rate regardless of FLSA status. Exempt positions are paid salaried and are not subject to overtime.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and state and federal laws (including federal PACE requirements at 42 CFR 460.64(a); 460.68(a), we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
On Lok is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy), race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, age, military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
If you require reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions and/or to receive other terms, privileges or benefits of employment please contact Recruitment (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
AddressSan Francisco, CA
Personal CareView all jobs at On Lok
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?