Adult Day Program Manager
On Lok San Francisco, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Openhouse + On Lok Community Day Services
On Lok is a not-for-profit organization founded in the early 1970s by a group of citizens concerned about the plight of elders and the lack of long term support options in the community. In 2019, On Lok joined in partnership with Openhouse, a service provider for LGBTQ seniors, to open a visionary adult day program intentionally designed with and for LGBTQ seniors.
POSITION SUMMARY:Under the direction and supervision of the Director of Senior Programs, Day Services at On Lok, the Adult Day Program Manager (ADPM) serves as the administrator of the day program license. The ADPM is responsible for the day-to-day management of program operations, participant care, service delivery, quality of care, staffing, people management, and finances.
On Lok cares deeply about its social mission to serve older adults and LGBTQ older adults as a priority in our partnership with Openhouse. The ADPM will execute the organizational commitment of that social mission by:
- Remaining "humble, hungry and smart"
- Advocating community members' inclusion in center operations
- Demonstrating a commitment to serving the LGBTQ senior community through collective impact
- Developing a strong understanding of our mission, operations, and regulatory requirements
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Program Leadership and Development
- Responsible for the overall operations in accordance with the needs of the participants served.
- As the administrator for the adult day program license, must know and comply with all licensing requirements, covering but not limited to:
- Activities, meals, supervision, personal care need coordination, transportation, recruitment, needs and services plans, and client records.
- Community-member care planning, communication, care coordination and risk management.
- Ensure an LGTBQ-welcoming environment with a focus on overall inclusivity of the multilayered aspects of intersectionality within cultures.
- Provide leadership to the program team in the facilitation of care planning, care coordination, and risk management by working with the PACE program manager and interdisciplinary teams to ensure continuity of care for PACE (Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) participants served in the ADP.
- Anticipate and respond creatively to new service demands in the marketplace (consumer preference or regulatory changes) for the program.
- Be a leader and facilitate change management. Serve as a sounding board for new ideas and approaches.
- Manage and maintain communications related to the care plan and community member needs with community members and families.
- Advance the goals and objectives of the organization by developing and supporting specific performance goals, implementing quality improvement plans and participating in the establishment and monitoring of financial projections, quality programming, efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Be a link between the ADP and On Lok's administration, Day Services leadership team, and cross-departmental program staff through effective communication, productive collaboration, and facilitation of change.
Staff Management and Development
- Foster an environment that is sensitive to and knowledgeable about meeting the needs of the LGBTQ senior community. Champion inclusion and diversity within the center and organization.
- Recruit, engage, employ, train, retain and evaluate qualified ADP staff performance.
- Encourage transparency and constructive feedback.
- Utilize HR as a strategic partner build a strong relationship with your OLDS HR Generalist and ask for/utilize their advice.
- In collaboration with other managers and specialists, implement program-staffing plan, supervise and evaluate staff performance and promote staff development by providing ongoing coaching, in-services, and training.
- Orient all new staff and provide ongoing educational and training programs for direct care staff. Create and support a learning environment that fosters staff development, mentoring and growth.
- Terminate employment of ADP staff, when necessary.
Quality Assurance and Compliance
- Provide quality assurance oversight and ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Coordinate with supervisors, regulatory affairs and compliance department to communicate with regulatory agencies as needed and as required by applicable laws and regulations.
- Acknowledge the receipt of the Department's correspondence, deficiency notices, or field reports when the Department has requested a response.
- Ensure the timely correction of all cited deficiencies, as applicable.
- Maintain fiscal responsibility related to the maintenance of financial records and program budget.
- Other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (knowledge, skills, abilities):
- Bachelor's degree in psychology, social work or a related human services field.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in the management of a human services delivery system, including at least one year in a management or supervisory position.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience or training in one of the following:
- Care and supervision of clients in a licensed adult day program, or an adult day health care facility.
- Care and supervision of one or more of the categories of persons to be served by the day program.
- Must be able to be present at the adult day program site the number of hours necessary to manage and administer the program in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- A specific interest in serving LGBTQ seniors. Three years working in settings with LGBTQ seniors preferred.
- Ability to work one weekend day (Tuesday - Saturday).
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older.
- Must have and maintain (or obtain before start date) First Aid and CPR certification.
- Additional pre-employment requirements include an ability to clear a criminal background check and obtain required medical clearances, including a health screening and Tuberculosis (TB) test.
On Lok's Employee Benefits include (eligible for any regular position for 20 hr/wk or more):
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Retirement Savings Plan 403(b) and Term Life/AD&D Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account, Commuter Checks, MLA scholarships, Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Pet Insurance and additional discounts
- Holidays (10 per year), vacation time, sick leave, and long-term disability insurance
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and state and federal laws (including federal PACE requirements at 42 CFR 460.64(a); 460.68(a), we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
On Lok is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy), race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, age, military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
If you require reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions and/or to receive other terms, privileges or benefits of employment please contact Recruitment (email@example.com).
Job Posted by ApplicantPro