Senior Production Manager
On Board Experiential Marketing San Francisco, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
SUMMARY OF POSITION
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Production Manager (SPM), who loves collaboration, and has experience working on a wide variety of project types in which they held various roles and responsibilities. Relevant examples would be; live events (both in-person and livestream), hybrid, virtual events, B2B, mobile, CPG, and more. Very strong organizational, communication, planning, managerial and client facing skills are a must. Strong experience in technical production, such as audio/video, lighting, and networking, for both IRL and virtual events, is preferred.
The SPM is responsible for all elements of production for each assigned project from start to finish Responsibilities will include management of all production related personnel (internal FT staff as well as external contractors) including but not limited to; other producers, outside vendors, production assistants and production coordinators. Depending upon the size and complexity of the project/event, this may (and most likely will) involve running multiple projects/events simultaneously at various stages of activation.
This person is also responsible for program development, development of the overall staffing plan, managing, monitoring and maintaining the workback/timeline, managing multiple vendors, negotiating contracts, obtaining and managing staff and resources, budget development, management and tracking P/L, being onsite and in the office, and the overall quality of projects. By working closely with internal and external account, technology, creative and operations teams in a collaborative manner, this person is responsible for executing the approved production-specific Scope of Work in support of client goals and objectives.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assist new business development team in determining feasibility of projects and establishing production budgets for new business proposals (RFPs). Attend pitch meetings as needed.
- Serve as primary Production team contact throughout project with internal and external account teams. This includes being on the office and onsite.
- Participate in, and lead, project planning and development meetings and internal/external status meetings.
- Collaborate with Production Department Leadership in establishing the project plan and budget within the key client deliverable dates and agreed upon Scope of Work.
- Work closely with internal account, technology, and creative teams to ensure the high quality and smooth operation of overall production and that all key deliverables are met beyond the clients' satisfaction.
- Establish and maintain best practices that meet client needs and provide continual improvement to our operations.
- Implement plans for staffing procedures, budget tracking, project timelines, critical paths, production schedules, Run of Show, meeting agendas, contingency and emergency actions, etc.
- Keep internal teams, and other specific project teams, informed on a regular basis on any need for revisions to budgets and estimates to complete.
- Recruit, hire and manage production crews and staff as required by the project(s).
- Identify outside vendors needed (depends on type of event), request bids, select vendors and negotiate and obtain signed contracts. Monitor performance of vendors.
- Manage, mentor and motivate junior production staff.
- Submit all status reports, photo/digital documentation, and other evidence of production as required by Account team and Client personnel.
- Reconcile all production budgets and prepare post event analysis of production.
- Live, Virtual and on-platform production management:
- Remote and in-person video production management
- Post-production Supervision
- Digital Asset Mgmt and Tracking (platform and content based)
- QA/QC support
- Licensing and compliance
- Talent relations, mgmt. and implementation
- Integration of OBE Studio into projects utilizing both internal and external resources as deemed necessary based on project needs/requirements. Project types to include:
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or related field preferred.
- 5-7+ years of direct experience in producing/managing budgets for major marketing programs/events/activations within an experiential agency environment.
- Must have an extremely strong and diverse experience base that directly applies to this multi-facetted, high demand position.
- Very strong Vendor relationships and experience with the competitive bidding process.
- Experience in executing staffing procedures, budget tracking, project timelines, critical paths, production schedules, Run of Show, meeting agendas, contingency and emergency actions specifically for experiential events.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Superior leadership and management skills and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent ability to manage internal and external crews and staff
- Very strong client/customer service experience and focus.
- Excellent planning, organizational and time-management skills.
- Strong technical background with knowledge to execute tech focused events including tradeshows, keynotes, product launches, etc.
- Ability to multi-task, manage priorities and commitments, and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work in a collaborative manner both with internal teams, and with clients.
- Ability to manage projects events within budget.
- Excellent judgment with the ability to pro-actively identify issues/obstacles and effectively create solutions.
- Ability to work independently as well as with account and creative teams.
- Extremely strong working knowledge of and experience with location permitting and insurance processes.
- Understanding of Union Labor laws and ability to manage within a budget without penalties
- Expertise in the areas such as Security/Access Control, Branding, location scouting, venue negotiations.
OTHER QUALITIES AND SKILLS
- Strong work ethic and ability to thrive and enjoy a (very) fast-paced dynamic working environment.
- Must be flexible and comfortable in working non-traditional hours in non-traditional locations, as needed (some nights and weekends).
- Experience with Sharepoint, Google apps, Trello, Microsoft Teams or other project management tools is a plus.
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Ability to work in the office and be onsite.
On Board Experiential Marketing
AddressSan Francisco, CA
ManufacturingView all jobs at On Board Experiential Marketing