Manufacturing - Operational Excellence Specialist
New Brunswick, NJ
- Expired: February 26, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
On-Board Services is hiring an Operational Excellence Specialist in New Brunswick, NJ!
For immediate consideration please send your resume to
Subject Line: Position Title and State you are located
On-Board Services, Incorporated is an on-site contract service provider for a local manufacturing entity providing full time positions to our employees. We offer benefits as well as 401k.
Position Type: Full-Time/Contract
Job Location: New Brunswick, NJ - 100% Onsite
Benefits: 401K, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Medical Insurance, Vision Insurance
Compensation: $50 - $70/hr, depending on experience
The Operational Excellence (OpEx) Specialist is responsible for supporting site initiatives and developing OpEx capability and culture in quality area within the Devens Biologics Operations Site by using and promoting the use of Lean Six Sigma methodology and change management, so that the goals of the site are achieved.
- Work with assigned departments to identify and execute a pipeline of continuous improvement opportunities (e.g., cost savings, capacity, and efficiency projects) and coach resources on applying (OpEx) concepts and tools.
- Embed OpEx Foundational skills in “The Way We Work” at the site. Ensure OpEx foundational skills (e.g., 5S, Gemba Walks, Tier Process Management, Visual Management, Value Stream Maps, Standard Work, and Kaizens) are being used by resources in assigned departments.
- Facilitate the creation of a continuous improvement culture (i.e., lean operations) at the site.
- Support business change initiatives to achieve desired business benefits through: Project Management and Lean Six Sigma
- Act as a coach for program/project teams, leadership teams and departments on use of Lean methodology, use of Six Sigma methodology, and use of change management tools.
- Support engagement with Operational Excellence through management of ideas generation, GEMBA walks, communication (Tier Process Management and/or visual boards), governance meetings, and other tools
- Leading and coaching of workshops and day-to-day activities; leading and coordination of initiatives; and coaching personnel on day-to-day use of Operational Excellence
- Provide specific tools and lean technique training as required by the business
- Six Sigma and Lean skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills, including the ability to remove barriers and enable teams to complete their objectives.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate at all levels with clarity and precision.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to make effective presentations, and proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders.
- Focused and versatile team player who is comfortable under pressure, ambiguity, frequent change, or unpredictability.
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial, chemical/biochemical engineering or a related discipline or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of demonstrated experience in OpEx/Six Sigma/Lean/Continuous Improvement in biopharmaceutical or related industry, documented by a solid history of functional accomplishments and a proven track record.
- Possesses a thorough understanding of the Six Sigma and Lean philosophies and can teach and coach others how to apply Six Sigma and Lean concepts and foundational tools (e.g., Tier Process Management, Value Stream Mapping, Visual Management, 5S, etc.).
- Applied experience leading Kaizen Events.
- Black Belt/Green Belt, Lean Leader/Practitioner or PMI/PMP certification a plus
- This position is an office-based position that may require entry into laboratory/manufacturing spaces that require appropriate levels of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Office-based work requires sitting and repetitive use of arms/hands/wrists, especially when working with a computer.
- This position is located at a large-scale manufacturing facility with classified areas requiring appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
On-Board was founded in 1976 by Robert L. Wilson to provide Engineering and Design services to the chemical manufacturing industry. Today, On-Board is a thriving privately held family of companies with services including: Consulting, Professional Engineering, Industrial Maintenance and Facility Management, Contracted Manufacturing and Production Services, as well as Temporary Staffing and Recruiting throughout North America.
The On-Board Family of Companies conducts operations through its Corporate Headquarters located in East Windsor, NJ along with Regional Offices in New Castle, DE and Wake Forest, NC. On-Board’s Mission is to provide “Flexible Service by applying the talents of our people, work processes and technology to meet our clients’ expectations in a Safe, Responsible and Dependable manner.”
On-Board Companies provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
AddressNew Brunswick, NJ
BusinessView all jobs at On-Board Companies
Get fresh Operational Excellence Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.