Engineering Project Manager: Capital Project (Chemical Manufacturing)
- Expired: January 13, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
On-Board Engineering is hiring a full-time Engineering Project Manager in Geismar, LA!
For immediate consideration please send your resume to email@example.com
Subject Line: Position and State Located
Position Type: Full-Time
Job Location: Geismar and/or Baton Rouge, LA
Benefits: Paid time off, paid holidays and health benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K (roth and traditional)
Compensation: Tailored to candidate qualifications and experience
This position will be responsible for all aspects of project management of capital projects from conceptual scope development, detailed design, management of the design team, construction management, and leading the start-up, commissioning, and training activities. Specific duties will include items such as interacting with the plant personnel, gathering information, developing, and costing conceptual solutions, detailed design, safety design, developing project justifications and cost estimates, schedule development, and cost management.
The individual will also be responsible for development of construction packages, equipment and contractor procurement, coordination of construction activities, and for startup and commissioning activities. The individual must be self-motivated and be able to work as a team or independently on multiple concurrent projects.
- Lead multifunctional project teams consisting of plant and maintenance personnel, product line teams, and contractors.
- Develop and manage mid-sized to large capital projects.
- Complete conceptual project studies including Font End Loading development, preliminary scope development, cost estimates, and schedules.
- Develop detailed project studies including comprehensive project scope documents, project justifications, definitive cost estimates, and project schedules.
- Develop design documents including layout drawings, multifunctional discipline drawings, equipment drawings, and piping drawings.
- Compile and submit project capital request documentation including justification, scope details, project schedules, cost estimates and compliance.
- Execute and manage all aspects of approved capital projects including engineering design, procurement, and generation of purchase orders, contractor work package development, building permit applications, health and safety plans for construction, construction coordination, startup and commissioning, managing project costs and project schedules.
- Coordinate activities with all functional groups including Plant Operations, HS&E, Procurement, Finance, and Maintenance Departments.
- Provide for operator training and project documentation.
- Develop project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans, conferring with management.
- Determine project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements; assigning personnel to phases and elements; reviewing bids from contractors.
- Determine project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards; completing technical studies; preparing cost estimates.
- Determine project schedule by studying project plan and specifications; calculating time requirements; sequencing project elements.
- Maintain project schedule by monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems.
- Control project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan and schedule changes; recommending actions.
- Control project costs by approving expenditures; working with purchasing to administer contractor contracts.
- Prepare project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and project specifics, recommending actions.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintain product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
- Assist plant teams in identifying appropriate projects for annual budgeting.
- BS in Engineering with minimum 5+ years project management experience required.
- Experience in mechanical, electrical, civil, structural and controls design and construction projects is required.
- Must have excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Must be familiar with industry standard project management techniques.
- Must have experience developing contractor work packages, managing contracts and coordinating contractors.
- Must have experience in leading a multi-functional project team.
- Must have experience in developing and managing project schedules and project costs.
- Proficient use of MS Office Suite.
- Proficiency with SAP MM and PS modules is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Must have a working knowledge of applicable OSHA standards, Regulatory Compliance and Building Code Requirements.
- Must have a solid working knowledge of process operations.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.. without sponsorship
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID 19 per company policy
- Must have or obtain TWIC Card. https://
- Drug and background screening required
Chat Instantly about this job! Connect with me on LinkedIn and send me a Direct Message https://www.linkedin.com/in/phil-dimarco-phr/
On-Board was founded in 1976 by Robert L. Wilson to provide Engineering and Design services to the chemical manufacturing industry. Today, On-Board is a thriving privately held family of companies with services including: Consulting, Professional Engineering, Industrial Maintenance and Facility Management, Contracted Manufacturing and Production Services, as well as Temporary Staffing and Recruiting throughout North America.
The On-Board Family of Companies conducts operations through its Corporate Headquarters located in East Windsor, NJ along with Regional Offices in New Castle, DE and Wake Forest, NC. On-Board's Mission is to provide "Flexible Service by applying the talents of our people, work processes and technology to meet our clients' expectations in a Safe, Responsible and Dependable manner."
On-Board Companies provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
EngineeringView all jobs at On-Board Companies
Get fresh Engineering Project Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.