Graphic Designer/Software Engineer
Omnitech is a South Dakota engineering firm headquartered out of Sioux Falls South Dakota, established in 1998 with a passion for investing in people while creating technology solutions on a foundation of honesty and integrity. At our core, we are a team of curious software and data engineers. Our team members are humble professionals focused on helping people succeed both our customers and each other. At the same time, we know what’s important: family, healthy relationships, and well-balanced work life. As a Microsoft Gold Partner, we challenge our engineers with meaningful projects that grow their skills. Through communication and collaboration, we share knowledge and rely on our collective strengths. Our commitment to fostering a learning culture is demonstrated by our investment in continuing education, mentoring programs, and weekly brainstorming sessions. Continuous learning and improvement aren’t just what we do; it’s who we are. We mentor, inspire and challenge each other.
We are looking for a full-time unique team player to join the Omnitech Team. This person has a passion for graphics (including print, branding, and various creative works), user experience (software interfaces that lead by ergonomic/clean/functional workflow and design) and front-end development programming in the Microsoft .NET stack. Work will ebb and flow between various disciplines depending on demand so flexibility and time management skills are important. Creativity and graphical originality is a must with a profile to showcase your work.
· Observe and assist the development of graphics and layouts for product illustrations, company logos, and Internet websites
· Observe and assist with project estimating and proposals as requested
· Work closely with other team members such as business analysts and project managers and engineers
· Use innovation to redefine a design concept within the constraints of budget and time
· Use computer software to generate new images
· Produce timely and accurate reports of work completed
· Work efficiently and prioritize to meet deadlines
· Communicate professionalism with clients and teammates on the status of projects and timelines
· Participate in creating social media content and graphics for the company
· Other duties as required
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic/Computer Science or related field plus 3-5+ years of experience preferred but not required if talent level is exceptional
· Working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, WordPress, and Dreamweaver
· Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
· Excellent written and oral communications skills
· Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
· High level of motivation with a strong sense of belief in creative ideas, plus the skills and confidence to express them
· Organized, goal-oriented, motivated self-starter who can work well in a team environment
· Proven experience excelling in teams-based environments including experience mentoring and supporting others
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to think quickly and offer alternatives
· Experience writing modern software and web applications
· Established experience with normalized database design and development
· Working knowledge of agile software development, automated testing, and unit testing is beneficial
· The role is an on-site position at Omnitech Monday-Friday
· Desire to be a part of something bigger than yourself
· Competitive salary with annual reviews
· Family-friendly work-life balance
· Paid Time Off & Holidays
· 401(k) Plan with company match after at one year
· Insurance options including Health, Vision, Dental, and Supplemental
· Dependent Care Flex Account and HSA accounts
· Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
· Company provided Short Term and Long-Term Disability
· Wellness: On-site exercise room & on-site flu shots
· Continuing education and tuition reimbursement
· Food! You won’t go hungry at Omnitech. Catered food, snacks and of course caffeine in hot and cold options
· Monday through Thursday business casual. Fridays are jeans days!
· We like to hang out with each other and enjoy activities together such as summer cookouts, a chili cook-off, family picnics, and a yearly Christmas Party.
CAREER DEVELOPMENT BENEFITS:
· Omnitech invests in learning and growth opportunities including a mentor like mentor program, book clubs, lunch and learns, brainstorming sessions, conferences, and community involvement.
· Support for life goals development
· Tuition and Continuing Education Reimbursement
· MSDN Premium and an Azure allotment as Microsoft Gold Partner
· Opportunities for formal and informal training on new technologies
· Support for pursuing certifications
Do you want the best of both worlds? We are a small company that invests in our team while offering benefits competitive with a large corporation. To dig deeper into our company culture, check out life.omnitech-inc.com, and start a conversation.
REQUIREMENTS: Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States on a full-time basis for any position. Omnitech will not provide sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this position.
If this opportunity is for you, and you want to be a part of the most family-oriented/learning culture in the Sioux Falls or Rapid City area, please contact us!
Send your resume via e-mail to Careers@Omnitech-Inc.com to apply.
EEO, Background Checks and Drug Testing apart of the hiring process.