Research Associate I
Omniome Inc. San Diego, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are seeking a talented and highly motivated Research Associate to join our growing team of scientists and associates to accelerate our protein research efforts in developing our novel next generation sequencing platform. This is a great opportunity for early career researchers looking to expand on their existing laboratory and technical skills in a dynamic industry setting.
- Perform assigned scientific experiments and experimental preparatory work as directed.
- Support protein production projects in a lab setting following standard operating procedures.
- Support protein purification efforts, buffer preparation, SDS-Page Analysis and other protein characterization techniques.
- Conduct Protein QC assays and data analysis.
- Consult regularly with supervisor for understanding of experimental designs, methods and results.
- Record all information obtained in experiments in accordance with lab procedures in sufficient detail.
- Summarize and conduct preliminary data interpretation including the use of statistical packages.
- Deliver clear explanations of findings. This includes but is not limited to (one-on-one or larger group meetings), electronic mail messages, oral presentations and internal reports.
- Utilizes computer software packages; performs literature searches and analysis.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, & EXPERIENCE:
- Requires a B.S. in Molecular Biology and Biochemistry, Bioengineering or Biology or equivalent training/experience.
- Knowledge of biochemistry and molecular biology techniques through advanced-level coursework and/or hands-on experience is required.
ATTITUDE & ATTRIBUTES:
- Strong attention to detail is a must.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to facilitate interactions (verbal, written, electronic) within an interdisciplinary team.
- Independent worker able to perform laboratory research under general direction of supervisor.
- Highly self-motivated with a strong work ethic and sense of urgency.
- Thrives in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Able to think creatively and apply existing skills to new challenges.
- Passion for discovery.
- Desire to make an impact by contributing to team efforts.
- Excellent organizational skills and proven ability to multi-task.
- Stand or sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to grasp, move, or assemble very small objects
- Repeat the same movements
- See details of objects that are less than a few feet away
- See differences between colors, shades and brightness
- Ability to lift 50lbs.
Powered by JazzHR
AddressSan Diego, CA
ScienceView all jobs at Omniome Inc.