Pharmacy Services Technician III
Location Martinsburg, WV
Job Category Customer Support
Employment Duration Full-time Regular
Are you interested in working for an organization dedicated to innovation, customer intimacy, and improving healthcare for everyone? Do you enjoy working in an environment filled with respect and integrity? Are you driven by a will to win? You're in the right place!
Since 1992, Omnicell has been inspired to create safer and more efficient ways to manage medications across all care settings. As a leading provider of solutions across the continuum of care, we offer a path to fully automated medication management infrastructure, powered by a cloud data platform that supports improved patient care, fewer errors, enhanced safety, and new opportunities for growth.
Our vision for the Autonomous Pharmacy integrates a comprehensive set of solutions powered by the Omnicell Cloud Data Platform across three key areas: Automation - solutions designed to digitize and streamline workflows; Intelligence - actionable insights to better understand medication usage and improve pharmacy supply chain management; and Work - expert services that serve as an extension of pharmacy operations to support improved efficiency, regulatory compliance, and patient outcomes.
Over 5,500 facilities worldwide use Omnicell automation and analytics solutions to increase operational efficiency, reduce medication errors, deliver actionable intelligence, and improve patient safety. And more than 40,000 institutional and retail pharmacies across North America and the United Kingdom leverage Omnicell's innovative medication adherence solutions to improve patient engagement and adherence to prescriptions, helping to reduce costly hospital readmissions.
Come join our team and be inspired by care!
Pharmacy Services Technician III
The XR2 Pharmacy Services Technician 3 is responsible for maintaining and utilizing Omnicell automation product as directed by the Customer during his/her scheduled hours. The XR2 Pharmacy Services Technician 3 will prepare and maintain the Omnicell automation equipment for daily use, perform general equipment troubleshooting, maintain optimal medication inventory levels, review and maintain reports. The XR2 Pharmacy Services Technician 3 will identify any customer concerns to the Manager, Pharmacy Services.
- Perform return and restocking duties to optimize the customer's use of automation.
- Monitor and maintain formulary inventory levels to ensure availability of medications for daily dispensing.
- Responsible for prescribed maintenance of automation products and reporting unresolved issues to the Technical Assistance Center (TAC).
- Recommend drugs to be added to automation products based on data usage, demand, and workflow.
- Perform daily and periodic cleaning of the equipment according to recommended best practices.
- Inspect robot cell daily for issues, wear and functionality.
- Resolve common system issues.
- Monitor trends to help determine root cause of issues.
- Maintain a high level of communication to ensure proactive, solution-oriented problem identification and resolution.
- Maintain high levels of customer satisfaction by aligning the Pharmacy Services program to provide customer-focused support emphasizing quality, professionalism and responsiveness.
- Conduct orientation and training, and ensure completion of all required documents and compliance with all procedures and policies.
- Promote and optimize customer product ownership and satisfaction by serving as a skilled resource.
- Participates in planning processes by establishing personal goals to support quality improvement.
- Adheres to the general hospital standards to promote a co-operative work environment by utilizing communication skills, interpersonal relationships and team building.
- Comply with reasonable procedures, policies and guidelines established by the Customer facility.
- Maintain fiscal responsibility for work-related expenses associated with timekeeping and per diem employees.
- Maintain state and/or national credentialing to meet established guidelines.
- Must be available to travel to various customer or corporate locations.
- Good organizational skills, accurate, reliable and efficient.
- Demonstrated customer-facing skills.
- Strong interpersonal, communications and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work with mechanical equipment.
- Working knowledge of computer hardware, PC Windows.
- High school diploma or GED
- Current PTCB Certification
- State Pharmacy Technician Registration/License (If Applicable)
- Two years of experience in hospital pharmacy or healthcare industry.
- Working knowledge of pharmacy automation
- Three years of experience working in related field.
- Knowledge of safe handling of hazardous medications
- Experience implementing and supporting of clinical solutions within healthcare
- Pharmacy environment.
- Capable of standing for several hours at a time.
- Potential exposure to hazardous drugs.
- Must be able to travel.
- Able to lift 25 - 30 lbs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Omnicell will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.