- Assists the department in carrying out various human resources programs and procedures, organizational training, and development planning for company employees.
- Participates in recruiting and onboarding efforts, to include phone screenings, interviews, reference checks, pre-employment processes, and new hire orientations.
- Conducts weekly meetings with respective business units.
- Partners with line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development and disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Develops employment terms for new hires, promotions and transfers.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Identifies training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
- Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Maintains employee records in Human Resource Information System (HRIS), including new hires, transfers, terminations, job classification changes, and tracking paid time off.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Business minded with the ability to drive business results through people and culture.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to work independently, take initiative, and see projects through to completion.
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule, including working additional hours in order to meet tight deadlines and/or travelling as needed.
- Ability to work well under deadlines and respond to changes in priorities.
- Strong multi-tasking, organizational, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
- Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the organization's hierarchy, jobs, qualifications, compensation practices, and the administrative practices related to those factors.
- Ability to work in a complex matrix environment.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, psychology or related field or equivalent work experience. Master’s degree in human resource management or related degree preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience resolving complex employee relations issues.
- Attention to detail and experience handling sensitive and confidential information.
- Labor relations and contract negotiations a plus.
- Merger & Acquisition integration experience a plus.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee and union relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) preferred.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Acceptable reference and background check results.