Responsible for end-to-end DoD contract activities – from the evaluation of Solicitations/RFPs to contract award and administration. Manages and coordinates all activities involved in the administration of all DoD contracts and sub-contracts in accordance and compliance with Federal Regulations. Directly responsible for contract negotiations, Teaming and Non-Disclosure Agreements.
Must have complete and comprehensive knowledge of DoD contract requirements and qualifications; including the application and interpretation of the FAR rules, regulations, negotiations and administration of complex high-dollar, multi-year contracts.
Must be able to demonstrate the ability to participate effectively in negotiations with public, government and union sectors.
Strong interpersonal skills, writing skills and strong analytic capabilities are required.
Must be extremely detail oriented, able to multi-task and have a strong sense of urgency. Must be forward thinking, collaborative and solution oriented.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform proposal and contract/subcontract reviews.
- Review all contract/subcontracts modifications and proposals for completeness, compliance and accuracy.
- Ensure compliance with all DoD contract reporting requirements.
- Ensure internal compliance with the terms and conditions of awarded contracts.
- Advise management of contractual rights and obligations.
- Identify and mitigate contractual issues proactively to minimize risk.
- Notify President/CEO of potential non-compliance and other problems that could have an adverse impact to the company.
- Prepare RFP packages for prospective subcontractors, as well as evaluate responses.
- Develop, issue and negotiate subcontract agreements.
- Develop, execute and administer Non-Disclosure Agreements and Teaming Agreements.
- Participate in customer business management reviews, focusing on contractual issues.
- Brief Finance Manager on the contractual obligations of awarded contracts.
- Establish agreements with Joint Ventures and participate in upfront discussions on DoD contract proposals.
- Manage cross-functional requirements from team leads.
- Analyze opportunities and report recommendations to President/CEO to aid in the decision to bid or no bid.
- Develop policies and document best practices that conform to federal government regulations with the goal of the company securing formal government approval of its proposals.
- Must be familiar with DoD, FAR and DFAR regulations.
- Ability to interact effectively with company management, business area leads, functional counterparts and team members in a professional manner.
- Must be a Self-starter. Sufficiently motivated or ambitious without the help of others.
- Employ skills of active learning and listening, critical thinking, employment of learning strategies, monitoring/assessing work performance and complex problem-solving skills – to make improvements, develop alternative procedures or take corrective actions.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or related field
- 5+ years of DoD Contracts experience with Government or Department of Defense (DoD) contracts and Defense Contracts Management Agency (DCMA).
- Working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and the Defense Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS).
- A critical thinker capable of detailed analysis and evaluation while meeting strict deadlines.
- Excellent people and communication skills; comfortable presenting comprehensive written and verbal presentations.
- Demonstrates initiative and a self-starter, adaptable and highly motivated.
- Proficient in Microsoft Work, Excel, PowerPoint.
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- National Contracts Manager Association (NCMA) a plus.
Tentative Start Date: March 2020