Business Systems Analyst
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Under the direction of the Business Systems Director, the Business Systems Analyst participates in business requirements gathering and solution proposals by working with Application Support, Clinical and QI staff; is accountable for providing direction to ensure the appropriate collection of data, documentation of information, and presentation of findings. The analyst will identify business improvement opportunities, offer realistic recommendations and facilitate requirement elicitation with assigned customer(s) using department methodology. The Business Systems Analyst is expected to understand healthcare business operations at a strategic, operational, and tactical level
1. Analyze, create, and/or revise existing business/clinical process flows in accordance with overall business/clinical objectives.
2. Lead and/or facilitate requirements and/or design sessions.
3. Create Use Cases to provide context for internal and external software development and testing activities in accordance with overall business/clinical objectives.
4. Coordinate User Acceptance Testing for new product releases
5. Perform System Administration & Configuration tasks for the NextGen File Maintenance, EPM, EHR, and ICS modules as needed.
6. Create/maintain documentation standards within the application support team.
7. Perform analysis of current and proposed business processes, document findings and make recommendations to management for potential system enhancements or process changes.
8. Modify existing templates to more directly meet demands of clinic/providers.
9. Adapt/adopt templates to best support clinic activities.
10. Assist with application upgrades, hotfixes, and new module implementations.
11. Other related duties as directed by the Business Systems Director.
Level II / III
1. All duties from Level I.
2. Serve as the primary technical and functional SME for the NextGen Practice Management and EHR System.
3. Act as a mentor to other staff members.
4. Manage application upgrades, hotfixes, and new module implementations.
5. Play a key role in the integration of multiple PM and EHR systems.
6. Participate and/or lead the mapping and validation of key data reporting elements.
7. Provide assistance in the build of a data warehouse.
8. Works under minimal supervision and may lead and direct the work of others. Data Analysis / Reporting
9. Ability to assist in obtaining and verifying data reports as required under:
• UDS, OSHPD, and Meaningful requirements
• Clinical Performance Measures requirements, as requested
• QI reporting
Training and Development
1. Assist with the development and/or standardization of the training programs and materials for the clinical systems.
2. Assist with the Train the Trainer and Mentor Programs.
3. Attend appropriate in-service training and professional seminars.
1. HIPAA compliance - Responsible for maintaining abreast of and in compliance with all HIPAA regulations and requirements. Treats all member information confidential.
2. Compliance - Ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations.
3. QA/QI - Participate in QA/QI activities and contribute towards the overall performance improvement of the organization.
4. IT - Required to learn and use the Electronic Medical Records and Practice Electronic System and its components. As required by the job functions and highlighted in the Policies and Procedures. These components include NextGen, PMS, QSI, and other electronic features, as they are developed and implemented, as applicable to work environment.
5. All employees will participate in Patient-Centered Health Home Model at Omni Family Health.
Qualifications, Education, and Experience:
1. Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a closely related field. Substitution of at least 2 years job experience related in healthcare and computer application training areas will be considered.
2. Two to four years of experience working in an information systems technology capacity, healthcare experience preferred.
3. Experience working Microsoft SQL Server (T-SQL, tables, views, stored procedures), preferred.
4. Experience with Microsoft SSRS, SSIS, and Crystal Reports, preferred.
5. Demonstrated critical thinking skills for design, creation and test of programs. Knowledge of or experience with ambulatory healthcare IT application systems (NextGen, i2i Tracks).
6. Ability to analyze and solve complex problems, provide guidance and instruction to customers, write clearly and concisely, interact with customers of varying levels of expertise as was as the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical users.
7. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
8. Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
9. Demonstrated capacity to work with minimum supervision.
10. Must have a valid California Driver license.
11. Must be able to travel between clinics as required.
12. Promotes and believes in the OFH mission statement.
1. All qualifications and experience from Level I..
2. Three to five years of experience working in an information systems technology capacity, healthcare experience preferred.
3. Demonstrated project management skills and experience organizing and coordinating multiple projects with the ability to multitask and prioritize high priority projects simultaneously. Strong planning and organizational skills.
4. Experience working with Microsoft SQL Server (T-SQL, tables, views, stored procdures) required. Other database experience may be considered.
1. All qualifications and experience from Levels I and II.
2. Master’s degree preferred.
3. Two years of experience in a healthcare setting.
4. Seven years of experience in an information systems technology capacity.
Responsible To: Business Systems Director
Classification: Full-Time Position, Non Exempt
Omni Family Health
BusinessView all jobs at Omni Family Health