OFFSET ASSISTANT/ FEEDER PRESSMAN- 3RD SHIFT
Location: Sheboygan, WI
Salary: $15.00-$20.00 per hour depending on experience
This position is the entry level position for a person with minimal knowledge of printing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Listed below is a summary of duties, but not a list of all duties.
1. Maintain feeder end of press (maintenance / cleaning).
2. All lubrication procedures for the press.
3. Housekeeping for the feeder and press area.
4. Knowledge of setting up feeder for production runs.
5. Employee will be trained on PIV in order to move loads.
6. Ability to use aerator to prepare loads.
7. Ability to fill out required paperwork to return board to flat stock.
8. Blanket washer cleaning, maintenance and replacing roller clothes.
9. Delivery cleaning procedures.
10. Ability to assist in removing and replacing coating under blanket.
11. Ability to assist in setting ink and water rollers (includes removal and replacement of rollers).
12. Ability to assist in blanket replacement (includes proper packing and ability to check with a gauge).
13. Ability to assist in removal and replacement of the analog rollers.
14. Other duties apply as requested by Lead #1 & Lead #2.
15. Is responsible, along with the lead pressman, for jobs that come off the press for color, defects, and problems (not when just feeding).
16. Works with the head pressman to learn the operational procedures of the offset printing presses. It is an important factor in this position to communicate with other crew members of the press. In order to learn the different operations of the press, it is important to be able to ask questions about the operation of the machine while performing the duties assigned to the employee. Assisting the head pressman in their duties by learning, observing, and performing in time of need is very important.
Some of the learning duties of the A4 Offset Assistant are as follows:
1. Knowledge of ink and water balance and control (trouble shooting).
2. Bend and prepare plates for next run.
3. Registration of plates.
4. Knowledge of all maintenance procedures on maintenance chart (ability to do all procedures).
5. Ability to set all ink and water rollers.
6. Ability to pull correct ink and coating per Company program (knowledge of different inks and coatings).
7. Ability to remove and replace anolox roller and set to specs.
8. Ability to remove and replace chamber and blades and set to specs.
9. Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school graduate or equivalent. Related experience and/or training; or combination of education and experience preferred.
Ability to read and write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to communicate with managers and employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written and oral. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to pull spears from loads during changeovers to this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hand to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above job description is intended to describe the duties of an employee in general terms and does not necessarily describe all of his/her duties.
Omni Directs National Recruiting Services
Why Work Here?Visit Omnidirects.com for thousands of employment opportunities across the US. www.omnidirect.com
Be Part of a growing industry offering amazing financial potential